What's new

S-Video looks warped for video games :( (1 Viewer)

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
I have 2 game systems, a PS2 and a Dreamcast. I bought a new TV, a Panasonic Tau 27" about 6 months ago .. it's just a regular TV nothing special but it has a great picture for TV and DVDs. I have everything plugged into my receiver, and my receiver connected to the TV's S-video spot in the back.
Whenever I play games on either system, the upper left corner of the screen is like bent in. I have some graphics, like borders, etc, running off the screen in some spots, along the edges of the screen. Basically toward the edges the picture is warped looking. I thought maybe it was the receiver not handling s-video switching good, so I hooked each game system up to the tv seperately and I had the same exact problems. But, if I use the game's original composite connection, the picture looks fine (just not quite as pretty as s-video can be)
I have a friend with a dreamcast and a 40" widescreen tv, and he says he gets the same problems.
Anyone know if there's any way possible to fix this? If I were to use the component video connection for my PS2, would that fix it? My TV has 1 component video spot and my receiver can hold 2 component devices so I could hook up my PS2 and DVD player that way, I guess... but I don't want to waste the money on cables that won't do anything....
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Sorry but this is an attribute of the Taus. My local dealer noticed this problem and, last I checked, they were try to see if Panasonic would cover it under warranty. The anomoly happened on their display whenever a dvd source was being displayed. If I were you, try to see if Panasonic can recommend a local authorized repair shop to come to your place. Otherwise, you may be stuck.
Elbert

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
oh well
frown.gif
But, would using a component connection be any better, or still give me the same trouble?
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks