What's new

S-video in-wall? (1 Viewer)

Don:::A

Auditioning
Installing a wall-mounted plasma TV to be connected to receiver about 10' away. I am running all speaker wires, etc., in-wall and want the installation to be clean. I saw an s-video wall plate at parts express, but not sure how to wire it. Site said to use dual coax between s-video wall plates. Will that produce a good signal or is there special in-wall cable for s-video?
What's the best way to do this? If I use these in-wall plates how do I connect them? Or, should I just get a long pre-made s-video cable and snake it through the wall?

What about component connections in-wall?

Thanks,

Don

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Don, I don't know about the S-Video run, I think dual coax would be fine, but I'm not sure how to wire it. You should be able to run component into similar wall plates from PE.

DonTrib

Auditioning
Hello Don and congradulations on the plasma TV. I am new to the forum but have recently purchased a wide screen,and have learned one thing I thought you may like to know. Philip is 100% correct in saying that component is the way to go. Believe it or not,sometimes s-video can actually give you a poorer picture than your standard composite connections.
Definately go component. Don

Yeoh Wee Nam

Auditioning
First choice: Component(3 nos. of Coax)
Second choice: S-Video (2 nos. of Coax)
Third choice: Composite Video (1 nos. of Coax)

But I suggest you lay both component and s-video cable, because if your receiver or switcher do not support up scan, then if you are using a player without component out, then atleast you have your s-video cable inplace, but if your player only have composite video out, then you need a composite video too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks