S-Video for Gamecube, what a difference!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles M, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Just picked a set up on Friday. I notice how sharp the picture was and how the colors became more fuller. Overall better texture and graphics. I'm completely satisfied. Does anyone know if know the componets will make a better difference?

2. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

Well I use the component cables and the pictures is awesome.

However I upgraded from the composite cable so I didn't see the s-video signal. Can't be much help to ya.

Component video is better. So if your TV supports it, why not?

Me? Well, my new problem is too many component devices for the TV. Set top box, DVD player, Gamecube and only 2 inputs. So I'm looking at a couple of switch box solutions. For now, the DVD player is gathering dust.

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

The component inputs on my television are unused, waiting for the inclusion of the GC (which I have yet to find or purchase)! I use S-video with my PS2, which looks just fine. I will not, however, ever use RCA cables for videogames again. Once you see how (comparatively) muddy and blurry everything looks without s-video or component, there's no going back.

I have yet to use see component video, but I have heard it is technically a step up from s-video.

Joseph

4. Chad Seymour

Chad Seymour Stunt Coordinator

I just got the S-Video Cable for my GC last night. I am using it on a Sony 61HS10. I really couldn't tell that much difference between the S-vid and the composite cable other than perhaps the S-vid was noticable brighter. Maybe it's just me.

On another note, why are the component cables so hard to get from any B&M stores? I really don't want to special order them from Nintendo. Has anybody seen any in any stores? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...

Chad

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The component cables for the GameCube are only made by Nintendo, so you need to buy them online.

I got a cable that does S-video for GameCube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, X-Box, PlayStation, and PlayStation 2 in one cable. It's nice because I don't need to switch cables when I switch console, just unplug the cable from the PS2 and plug it into the GameCube.

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

The improvement from S-Video to Component is not quite as dramatic as from Composite to S-Video. You may or may not notice a difference. I do. [​IMG]

7. Chad Seymour

Chad Seymour Stunt Coordinator

Pelican has component cables for the gamecube listed on their website. The (empty) hook for GC component cables at the local Best Buy is for them, at $19.99.

?????

Chad