What's new

S-Video dropout problems with Toshiba SD-2800 (1 Viewer)

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
I've had a Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player at the center of my home's secondary system for a few months now, and it's performed fine when hooked up to my monitor via its composite input.

However, after recently upgrading my switching capability to allow for S-Video, a problem has popped up with this otherwise well-performing player… in the form of jarring video dropouts during challenging program material (bright flashes, snap scene transitions, etc.).

Of course, I did the usual investigative drill, using different switchers, connectors, and DVD players. The problem is definitely a problem with the S-Video output of the Toshiba. I then tested another '2800, just to see if I had a defective unit. Sure enough, the same dropouts occurred with the second Tosh.

Have any other SD-2800 owners out there experienced this? Have I overlooked anything? Any possible suggestions?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I have a 2800 performing in my bedroom system just fine. I've played the thing through both S- and Component-Video connections, and have experienced no problems whatsoever. The component-video connection is much better, though.

How, exactly, do you have the player connected to your display (and what kind of display is it)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks