What's new

S-Video cables cost (1 Viewer)

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
How much would a basic S-Video cable at a place like radioshack? Where would be the cheapest place to find one?

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
A cheap S-Video cable can be had for around $15 for a 6-ft. length. Perhaps Radio Shack would have one at that price range. Stores like Best Buy should also carry an inexpensive one under the Recoton brand name.
What type of TV/monitor do you use? I ask this because sometimes it pays off to splurge a little by picking up a high-quality S-Video cable.
------------------

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I picked up a nice 6foot s-video cable at radio shack for like 30bucks canadian (20american)
It replaced a monster cable s-video, a pin bent, and I cannot tell a difference between the two.
then again i can't do a side by side comparison
------------------
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
[Edited last by Mark Dubbelboer on July 16, 2001 at 10:41 AM]

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart has cheapo 6ft S-Video cables by RCA or Philips for $6... they're not the best in the world by any means, but they are made with OFC (oxygen free copper), gold plated connectors, and are rather thick (probably 16AWG). It should at least get you by for a while until you can pickup something better.
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy
[Edited last by JerryW on July 16, 2001 at 07:58 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks