S-Video Cable Length?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Bates, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Mark Bates

Mark Bates Agent

I need a good quality S-Video cable of around 15 feet. Does anyone make a 15-18 foot S-Video cable? I can only find 12 feet or 25 feet.

If I do go 25 feet am I better off just going regular RCA composite(single cable, I always confuse composite and component)?

I will be going from a Pioneer laserdisc and a DVD player to a Panasonic CRT projector(non HD).

I use Acoustic Research Audio cables and I like them. How are their S-Video cables?

Thanks,

Mark

2. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

25 feet should be fine. I use a Monster 8 meter cable and I've never had any trouble with it, nor do I have any issues with its length hurting performance.

Of course, if you don't want to spend at least $60-$80 on a 24-25 foot cable, just go to COmposite...but I really hate composite picture quality.

Oh, and I don't know about ARs video cables, but if there as good as their audio stuff, it good quality.

Sam

3. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Your best bet is to go with a custom cable maker. theywill provide a good cable to the exact length required. Lots of companies to choose from depending on budget.

Try cscables.com I think he can provide a suitable Belden based cable.

If you have a bigger budget then suggest you try bettercables.com

E-bay is another source of smaller cable makers who can custom make to your requirement. Lots to choose from.