What's new

s-video cable for gamecube? (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a noticeable improvement in picture quality when compared with the composite video cable?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Absolutely. Like you just wiped the vaseline off of your glasses.

You could put the $10 it costs for this cable towards pretty much any other HT/VG upgrade, and you will not get nearly as much in return as you would with the S-Vid cable.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Big Time. The first time I made the jump tp S-Video I was blown away at how much tighter everything looked, you could really notice when viewing text.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys! I've only got two s-vid inputs, one is the dvd and the other is my satellite. I wanted to make sure it was going to be worth me losing the satellite s-vid, which I don't use 90% of the time anyway.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Vaseline on your glasses is a common complaint about N64, the games were so anti-aliased that they were blurry

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Just get a cheap S-Video switchbox for walmart for like 20 bucks. That way you can use S-video for all of them.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
What S-Video cable for GameCube does everyone use? I was about to buy the Pelican ones today but was worried about the quality.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I had interact ones that I paid about $20 for. Recently I bought the Monster brand ones, and paid about $35 for them. They're better, but not $15 better. Don't worry too much about the quaility, as far as I can tell, they're all about the same.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
an annoying this about my tv is that it does not have Svideo input, it has component input, but not s-video, go figure.

If I connect my GC to the Svideo in one my reciever, with the reciever of course connected to the TV via component cables, will it pass the signal through?

MattMB

Agent
Jonathan,
Depending on what reciever you have, it might, but I doubt it.
Most receivers, as in almost everyone, do not up-convert Svideo to Component video. I could BS you a reason why having to do with tech, the stars, and Monster Cable wanting to sell more wire, but I really don't know why. I'm sure someone else here does.
Best way to tell is to look in the manual for "UP-CONVERT" or something of the such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks