What's new

S-vhs (1 Viewer)

JohnCH

Auditioning
Hello everyone.I am a little new to Home Theater.I have and older T.V.,but it has a s-vhs.output.I was using this for my DVD playback,and everything was working fine.Yesterday During playback it went to Black and White.I thought it might be the cable,but i checked it on a friends T.V. and it worked fine.Please help if you can..Thanks so much John

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
John,
you mean your tv has an s-video input, s-vhs and s-video are two different things. This is peculiar to me, ordinarily I would say that one of the pins inside your cable has been bent or broken off entirely, but you proved that not to be the case by trying it on another monitor.

Strange. I'm curious to know what's up with that myself.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I would try a different cable, even though the first one worked in another setup. Sometimes the fit between a particular cable and an S-video input is a bit loose, and this can be a symptom (I have one that's like that). If a second cable also gives you a B&W image, then the input on the TV has probably failed.

M.

JohnCH

Auditioning
Thanks for all the help guys.Im so sorry about the s-vhs and s-video.I dont know what I was thinking.Well I guess its the TV,but thats ok Ive been planning on buying a new one.Thanks agine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks