What's new

S-VHS product Questions (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
Based on the information I received from many of you where I was looking into TIVO and also maybe just getting a S-VHS it looks like S-VHS may be good enough for what I need and within my budget right now. My questions are:
I really like the TIVO IR interface that can control the Cable box via this interface. Are there any S-VHS recorders that have this same type of capability? If so what is this feature called so I can understand the specifications of units I look at.
If I have an S-VHS can I still record in a format that will play on a standard VHS?
Thanks ALL :)

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
If I have an S-VHS can I still record in a format that will play on a standard VHS?
Yes, you can still record onto and play from standard VHS tapes, albeit at standard VHS quality. There is also SVHS-ET mode which records at a quality half way between VHS and SVHS, but on normal (ie: cheap) VHS tapes. You need either an SVHS-ET or full SVHS VCR to playback these recordings, I believe that a normal VHS VCR cannot read them, but I'm not positive about that.
Hope this helps :)
-- Dave
PS. shouldn't this go under the audio/video sources section?

Richard_s

Second Unit
David

Thanks I really appreciate the info I will definitely look into the JVC unit.

Yes I missed audio/video section and its the first one on the list. Sorry all :b

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks