What's new

S&V Review of Def Tech Power Monitors (1 Viewer)

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Did anyone read this review in the current S&V issue? These speakers seem great (at least the reviewer really really liked them). They are direct radiators. They also have a smooth frequency response. They seem to be fairly "accurate" speakers...I have always wondered why some people consider DT speakers to be less "accurate" than others in the price range...??? Even with my bipolar DT's, I feel they are very accurate...

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Rich Warren keeps forgetting that Tom Nusaine will present the actual measurments after his review.
Mr Warren says that you can ditch the sub bucause this system is so good[bass wise].Well the monitors were down to 76db at 50hz! At 2m with 10% distorsion limit,granted in a big room,so it would do better in a smaller room.However complemented with a "real" sub this package could be quiet good based on the other measured data I've seen.
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Lewis I know what you are saying...Warren probably means that even w/o an external sub, the Power Monitors sound excellent in a HT setup...but of course adding an external sub should take it to the next "level" and fill in the low bass. For music an external sub may not be essential, but still could help.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
For music an external sub may not be essential, but still could help
Especially Strauss's Also Sprach Zarthustra,with it's exiting organ pedal notes,wich was mentioned in the review.
Granted not all music needs this kinda extension.
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks