S&V finds minor discrepancy on Denon 2900 xover slope.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Lewis Besze, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Just got the latest issue of S&V.In it there is a review of the 2900 by Dan Kumin,and he gave a very positive recomendation,no news there I've been recommending this player since May,however in the lab section David Ranada reveals,that the low/high pass filters differs[by a great margin] from what it's been advertised by Denon,and once again the SACD's xover slope is half as steep as the rest of the formats[by the player's BM].Lucky for me my subs are not designed to reproduce much above 80hz,but for others with subs that can reach higher,depending the on the recording itself it can be audiable to a small degree plus there is a blending issue which admittedly could "swing both ways".
    While this is not the "end of the world" manufacturers should realize that this is the age of the information,and the truth will come out sooner or later.
    I wonder if manufacturers test their gears to back up their specs on everything,or just copy the specs from their vendor's list.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Well, but they also said that those differences probably wouldn't be noticed by most users. Not as bad as some other players, anyway... [​IMG]

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer