What's new

S&V Cal ibration W/ Toshiba 50H82 (1 Viewer)

Has anyone used the Sound & Vision on a Toshiba 50H82? I just recieved mine in the mail and tried it and all I can say is YUCK!! I'm not sure if I like the results I'm getting with it. I am mainly concerned about the picture quality. The following setting are what I came up with:

Contrast: 42
Brighness: 50
Color: 71
Tint: -12
Sharpness: 45

I also disabled the SVM. Any recomendations & opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Tom Kindel

Auditioning
David,

Some more details might help.

What's "yucky"? Your DVD picture, cable? Also define "yuck"...is the picture too dark...fuzzy? And what DVD player are you using? Settings there can affect the picture too.

As for your settings...they sound very close to what I use on my Toshiba 50HDX82, although I run sharpness down around 25 or 30. Also be aware that when you calibrate on the DVD input, things will change when you go to your cable, video/S or antenna inputs and the settings will have to be changed slightly. I have to bump up the brightness considerably for cable TV and it varies significantly between channels even then. My DVD picture is great. Cable isn't nearly as clear, but most channels look pretty good...a few look truely bad, but luckily they're channels I rarely if ever watch.

The main point to remember about calibrating is to keep the contrast down to guard against burn on the CRT's, otherwise adjust it so it looks right to your eyes. S&V got it very close for me.

Tom, you hit the nail on the head! It does look a little dark & fuzzy on DVD. Its a little darker than "Movie" mode(the preset from factory). I have the Panasonic RP62. I dont even bother with the cable right now, as soon as I hook up my DirectTV then I will worry about cable. I used the setting for the DVD Player as per the insruction booklet for the TV. I have Progressive Scan on also. I have the TV set in the "warm" setting. It seems that the more I leave the room & give my eyes a break then it seems to look better.....lol; Dont know if that is good or bad. Ihope this helps, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks