What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The extended trailer makes it clear that this is unquestionably post-"Avengers":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ&feature=player_embedded

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Looks very promising if they do it right. Shows like this seem cool at first, but can quickly lose their magic. Hopefully that won't be the case with this.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Could be the old Nick Fury Life Model Decoy technology. Either in the movie or now. I hope not, because that's kind of shitty.

Hopefully, they'll use this series to establish characters who wouldn't rate their own movies but could join the Avengers.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg
Entertainment Weekly has an interesting short article on S.H.I.E.L.D.http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/11/shield-comic-con/These two points are the most interesting:
1. The pilot hints at how mild-mannered kick-ass bureaucrat Agent Coulson (Clarke Gregg) was resurrected to lead the team after being killed off in The Avengers (his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues say he must “never know the truth” about his death). Yet you’ll have to keep watching to learn the full story. “We can’t wait to pull the curtain back on that,” says co-creator Jed Whedon. “[But] we’re going to take our time.”
2. The S.H.I.E.L.D. story will work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming. In fact, the first episode will pick up a storyline that’s familiar from one of the Marvel hits — and it’s not The Avengers. “We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends,” says Jed Whedon, who points out the trick is to make the audience not ask a certain fanboy-bar-fight-style question: “In any of these [episodes], you can always ask: ‘Why don’t they just call Iron Man?’” Yeah, that would be annoying! So our next question is: Why don’t they just call Iron Man? “They are aware of each other,” Whedon says of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the metal-suited Malibu playboy, “but they do have to have their own lives.”
So it looks like Coulson's resurrection will be a significant thing and not a quick throwaway, which is definitely a good thing. And it's cool that they plan on complementing and following up on story threads from the films. I'm hoping they deal with A.I.M., Extremis, a modern Hydra, and maybe Justin Hammer along with their own new stuff. This may be really cool.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Sean Bryan said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has an interesting short article on S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/11/shield-comic-con/

These two points are the most interesting:

So it looks like Coulson's resurrection will be a significant thing and not a quick throwaway, which is definitely a good thing.

And it's cool that they plan on complementing and following up on story threads from the films. I'm hoping they deal with A.I.M., Extremis, a modern Hydra, and maybe Justin Hammer along with their own new stuff.

This may be really cool.
Clone?

Or inhabiting Vision/Wonderman?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I am really starting to get psyched for this show. Please, please, PLEASE! let this show be good and watched by many.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think Lost was the last show I watched on network TV, and I'm not really one for what they offer. But I will watch SHIELD.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Adam Lenhardt said:
Entertainment Weekly: Bear McCreary scoring "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."...and he's convinced ABC to pony up for a full orchestra on the score for every episode.
Hot damn. Bear McCreary is easily the best composer working for TV right now, and perhaps the best in the last few decades (Snuffy Walden and Michael Giacchino are close behind). The man lives and breathes the shows he works on.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Cobie Smulders will appear as Maria Hill
image.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178267-comic-con-cobie-smulders-to-appear-on-marvels-agents-of-shield
“I wanted very much to have Cobie in the pilot because as much as anyone else, she IS SHIELD,” said writer-director Joss Whedon. “She’s cool and commanding, and has the dry humor that plays so well with Clark’s. Also, if she’s in it I get to hang out with Cobie.”
I don't think she'll be a series regular, at least not yet. But she'll likely be a recurring guest star.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks