What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (2 Viewers)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really enjoyed the finale quite a bit. And I too loved the Garrett "resolution."

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The final Garrett "scene " -- that seemed a bit out of context. I think that was just in either his head or Colson's head.

[*]It just doesn't make sense that they would have just left him there alone in the box for enough time that he could climb out.
[*]When Colson blows him away he is not wearing the suit jacket
[*]It goes directly to Colson on the plane (wearing the suit jacket) and yelling at Fury about the mind-altering affects of the drug.
[/list]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
David Weicker said:
I loved Garrett's final scene.And that there will be no redeeming for Ward.And 'lanyards' !!!!
I wonder if the actor (Brett Dalton) will continue with the show next season? Perhaps he engineers an escape and becomes the big nemesis for the team to fight next season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was looking earlier today and someone posed the theory that Skye and Flowers are Inhumans. With the question from Flowers of what will she evolve into - that seems to make sense.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Hope Fitz doesn't have brain damage or lose his memory....right after finally confessing his love for Simmons. So cliche.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a great finale and a great first season. Nice to see Sam Jackson have more than just a one scene cameo. I'm really looking forward to the blu-ray release and the second season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nice that the team had such a good plan to attack Garrett with a satisfying conclusion. Seemed very convenient that Fury was there to save both Fitz and Simmons and there to help Coulson. But that was part of the fun.Not being a Whedon aficionado, I didn't get the last scene with Garrett on the table getting all Darth Vader'd up and then blowing up. It makes sense as an internal dream of Garrett. He was dead for sure in that box and I was kind of hoping he'd survive to come back and cause more trouble. But I guess there's lots more villains in the Marvel universe. The fight between May and Ward was well done. Though I was disappointed a little. It seemed Ward was seeing how looney Garrett was getting and maybe I thought he'd eventually get away in the end. Perhaps he still will. Also not knowing all the Marvel stories and characters, this monster who is Skye's father will be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Alright, shows how much I have been paying attention or really thought about it. I always thought Fitz/Simmons were brother/sister and it was getting a little creepy. They were way to inseparable and also bickered like family.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good wrap-up the season. It looked like Ward was trying to say something "heartfelt" before May karate-chopped his larnyx.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nelson Au said:
Not being a Whedon aficionado, I didn't get the last scene with Garrett on the table getting all Darth Vader'd up and then blowing up. It makes sense as an internal dream of Garrett. He was dead for sure in that box and I was kind of hoping he'd survive to come back and cause more trouble. But I guess there's lots more villains in the Marvel universe.
When I saw his hand clawing up onto the table, I was like "Oh hell no." There is no way Coulson and the team are dumb enough to let Garrett hang out by himself, no matter how hurt he was.

Then the gun came out and ... POW! It was yet another piece of humor is a dramatic, tension-filled and funny season finale. This is what SHIELD needed to be from the beginning. More like a Marvel movie and less, well, boring. From Fury to everyone getting something meaningful to do to the action and humor and continuing storylines, I was really impressed by this episode. Fantastic culmination in this storylie (for now) and for the first season.

A lot of people have talked about the show being a sidenote for the Marvel universe. I don't think anyone can actually say that now. Important things have happened in the series and in this episode which will impact everything going forward.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yep, great finale. May kicked ass in this one wailing on the centipede super soldiers with the berserker staff and nailing Ward's foot to the floor. Coulson blasting away with the destroyer gun was fun too. I don't "want" Fitz to die, but I'd have preferred if he drowned and was dead story wise. It was a nice moment of sacrifice, but it would have been more "Whedon show-ish" if he actually kicked it. Curious to see where things go with Sky and Flowers. "What will I become?" Could they be Inhumans? It's probably that, or something to do with the Kree. Seems pretty likely that Ward will remain a part of the show going forward. So, what do folks think about Koenig? Twins? Life model decoy?Yes, the bit with Garrett and Coulson "finding the weapon" was fun, but did seem a bit disjointed and was probably initially meant for the final "post-episode stinger" but was moved up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sean Bryan said:
So, what do folks think about Koenig? Twins? Life model decoy?Yes, the bit with Garrett and Coulson "finding the weapon" was fun, but did seem a bit disjointed and was probably initially meant for the final "post-episode stinger" but was moved up.
I think these scenes work fine where they are, and taking the Flowers scene into account as well. The Garrett storyline had to be wrapped prior to everything else that happened. Going back and forth would have been confusing and it doesn't serve to set anything up going forward. It's the final shot (literally) the bad guy gets from the good guy. There's no springboard for season 2 from that scene. I'd be interested to know if it was meant for a different part of the episode.

There's a bigger springboard from the Fury scene on the plane, Flowers talking about Skye and the new base. This is assuming you, as the viewer, feel anything for Skye and are invested in her story.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Could Fitz still die, but come back as an "unfeeling" LMD, that Simmons has to teach to feel???? God that would suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks