What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ockeghem said:
I tend to agree with what Neil said above (that there being no doubt about Ward any more), but there is still a small part of me that says this could (possibly) still be a ruse.
I think we're way beyond "ruse" with Ward. He's killed too many innocent people for this to be a ruse (the two when he and Garret entered the Fridge are enough to get him the death penalty, even if Hand and the others was staged). So, at this point, there seems to be no doubt that Ward is a wrong 'un. At best, he may flip before it's all over due to conflicted loyalties (as indeed, Raina may flip as well).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A great episode tonight, with the tension really gripping throughout. Only two episodes left? Next week's has Maria Hill and the finale has
Nick Fury.

I happen to think it's been a great season. It deserves a few more.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And with tonight's episode, he shows he's even further gone. It will be interesting next week with the three (or more?) stories which may merge before the end of the episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
A great episode tonight, with the tension really gripping throughout. Only two episodes left?
No, it is only two episodes before the season finale. So, actually 3 episodes left.

Yes, it was a great episode.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, this show has finally really found it's footing. This is going to be a lot better in a marathon re-watch later, because they have managed to fold in so many of the early 'slow' plot points into payoff here in the last few episodes.

I'm really liking the direction we are headed

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. Very intriguing episode which held my attention throughout. And I'm glad Skye used that brain of hers for something other than daydreaming about her "dreamboat."

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, that was great stuff. I'm really happy with what this show has become.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll join the choir and say another really solid episode. It's a shame they killed off Patton Oswalt, because he really brought something interesting to the table.
Matt Hough said:
I agree. Very intriguing episode which held my attention throughout. And I'm glad Skye used that brain of hers for something other than daydreaming about her "dreamboat."
Me too! My guess is that she reprogrammed the faux-windows to warn Coulson et al about Ward.Having Ward actually be a traitor is paying real dividends. It shades every interaction he has in such interesting ways. Take his speech to Fitz about admitting his feelings to Simmons. That would have been so boring with the old Ward. But seeing such an insincere person give some sincere and well-intentioned advice, weighted by the inevitable doom that Ward thinks is coming to Coulson's team, made it interesting.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Was that reference to Maria by May's mother the Maria mentioned in Sam's post above? Fun to see Tsai Chin.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, Maria Hill. Cool that Triplet is the grandson of Gabe Jones. Clark Gregg really shines as Coulson get more emotional. Sky's reaction to the truth about Ward was a really nice performance from Chloe Bennet as well.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. The entire cello segment was superb. And those 'super powers' were quite engaging.

After Skye realized that Ward is with Hydra, it was interesting to see how she was shaking and had to gather herself before she interacted with Ward again. When she did, I thought she was quite convincing, with the only questionable reaction (to me) being when she wanted Ward to go on ahead and he insisted she come with him now. It was a little tenuous at that point, and I wasn't sure what was going to occur next. I was waiting for a slip-up of sorts, but didn't see or hear any. A solid episode as some have already said.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sean Bryan said:
Clark Gregg really shines as Coulson get more emotional. Sky's reaction to the truth about Ward was a really nice performance from Chloe Bennet as well.
Agreed on both counts!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Nelson Au said:
Was that reference to Maria by May's mother the Maria mentioned in Sam's post above?Fun to see Tsai Chin.
They just need to cast Tamlyn Tomita and it will be a veritable Joy Luck Club reunion!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I agree that the show has improved a great deal since it's tie-in with Winter Soldier, but by its very nature it's a "B" story to the events unfolding in Marvel's films. On one hand it's cool to have that crossover and potential synergy, reflective of what's been going on in comics for decades, but I'm finding that I have the same "it doesn't really matter" attitude about what's going in the TV show as I do when there are crossovers in comics. For example, I just read the trade paper of Age of Ultron and after completing the "A" story I didn't feel compelled to read the additional material from Spider-Man comics because I pretty much figured out what happened "off panel."

I think to really make Agents of SHIELD meaningful, they'll have to make what transpires there affect what happens in the films, beyond a name drop or throwaway comment.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Patrick Sun said:
Will they be changing the name of this show for next season?
I don't think so.

Since they knew SHIELD would be going down before the show even started, I wonder if that's why they chose to call it "Agents of SHIELD" instead of just "SHIELD".

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
New poster for next week's episode. Not bad, but I liked the last three more.
image.jpg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...I hope they make Ward an unredeemable character. That would take some guts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks