?'s about TIVO and other non vhs recording systems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Now my major question is, what happens when a program like super bowl or any sporting event runs over time. I can't stand when I tape an episode of the simpsons on synndication and I miss the end of the episode since the local station is known to start them a little late. Can anyone help and also, which is the best to buy.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

TiVo is no different from any recording system: If the station does something unexpected or unannounced, TiVo has no way to adjust automatically. It works from the information contained the schedule updated daily by the TiVo service; if that schedule doesn't match what's on, TiVo won't know it.

However, the software does allow you to manually add additional recording time to the end of a scheduled recording. So if you know that a show may run over, you can build in a little insurance.

M.

3. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

That's exactly what I do... for any sporting event that I'm recording, it tell it to end the recording an hour later than it normally would.

-Steve

4. Scott_Sylke

Scott_Sylke Stunt Coordinator

One the recording is done and lets say you added that extra hour. You go to watch it and find out it ended on time. Can you delete the extra hour to save hard drive space??

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

6. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

If I think a sporting event might run overtime I record the program immediately after. That can easily be deleted if you don't need it.

7. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Not sure if all countries have the same TIVO software, but there's a new version coming over here that has an "Overtime Scheduler" facility. Not sure if this is similar to the "PDC" option that a lot of VCRs have.
    Have a look at this link