What's new

?'s about RCA F38310 16:9 tv - help (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
in a couple of weeks I am going to buy a 16:9 tv, and since i really prefer tube tv's to rptv, the F38310 is high on my list. I have a few questions that i need answered, though, before going forward.

1) I have heard that many HDTV sets that don't display 480p natively lose a lot of fine detail with progressive scan dvd's - how is this TV in that regard?

2) are the newer "jx5" models much more stable than the jx4's that seemed to be plagued with problems?

3) how bad is the SVM (scan velocity modulation) on these tv's, can you turn it off in the main or service menus, or do you have to open up the TV and clip wires to disable it?

4) anyone using this tv with a panasonic RP91 progressive scan dvd player? that's the one i'm getting, how does it match up with the F38310?

5) finally, i know some RCA sets have a "tilt control" feature -- does this tv?

any info appreciated

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Just one item.

SVM is very aggressive on RCA sets like this. No disabling feature in the user or service menu.

You have to open the TV up. (but not too difficult once the case is off. Just one wire to unplug ... not cut.)

Regards

Damon Morrin

Agent
This RCA has the Directv receiver built in to the set. One issue to consider is what problems the merger could cause. How can you swap out an internal receiver???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks