1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Séraphin: Heart of Stone.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Levesque, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

I know it sound strange, but I don't think noone here will never know that film just got out today, and everyone will miss a great foreign film.

It's a french film from Québec, with subtitles in english. But if you like foreign films, like La vita e bella or Amélie, you have to rent or buy that film.

A real gem. Terrific story, incredible acting from unknown actors (not known in the U.S., but really well known in Québec...), awesome soundtrack.

Low-budget, no visual computerized effects... But if you like a good story, with terrific acting, then go listen to it.

I think this film could reach a really bigger audience, but because Québec is such a small market, it will probably be ignored by the U.S public.

If you have the chance to spot it, give it a chance! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In french it's: Séraphin Un Homme et son Péché.

In english it's Séraphin: heart of Stone.

Give it a chance, you won't regret it.[​IMG]

2. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, I went looking for it today, but couldn't find it. Future Shop could not tell me when they would receive it. They had no copies available on their website. Wal-Mart also did not have it. CNL Internet club has it on back-order.

I'm starting to think it was not shipped outside of Québec today. Hopefully it will be available soon.

My mother saw the film at the Sudbury Cinefest earlier this year and enjoyed it tremendously.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I saw copies of this at the Best Buy in Etobicoke. Really nice packaging- It has what looks like a large pewter medallion on the front......however, I didn't see any English on the packaging which makes me think that this special edition is French only (like Amelie in Quebec). There were several copies of it but I didn't think to look at the price or see if there were any English copies (I was searching for 'Scarface' which was selling out quite surprisingly.). It's good to know that a big chain like BB is selling these types of films.

4. JeanSSullivan

Yup and it's a true story. There's even a phrase in québec to tell people that there are Cheap Bastars... Étre Séraphin / To be Séraphin, everyone here (mostly) knows what it means..

The Imagery is incredible too...