Ryuhei Kitamura films on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Travis_W, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I really think Kitamura is one of the best directors out there right now. His films are full of energy and just all around coolness (don't know if that's even a word but we'll use it anyway [​IMG]). 'Versus' has quickly become one of my favorites and I waited patiently for the Region 1 release just this past summer.

I've been looking to import Kitamura's other films like 'Alive' and the more recent 'Aragami' but I can't find them at all. This leads me to believe that maybe they were Region 3 releases. I only import Region Free titles but I refuse to purchase bootlegs. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about maybe another company releasing these two films as Region Free releases (something I've noticed happens a lot in that part of the world).

2. David*R>Morris

Alive is only avialable in Japan and does not have any English subtitles and Aragami is not released yet but it does not look like it will have English subtitles. Alive is available no where else. You could always get Azumi since it has English subtitles on it.

3. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I'll definitely check that out.