What's new

Rythmik Audio 380-watt plate Amp (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
This Amp seems to be geting allot of talk as of late but do not remember seeing anyone that has it in actual use.

Dose anyone have this Amp (350-watts @.1 and 380-watts @.2% into 4-ohms, stable below that also 2.6 sealed 3-ohm ported I belive) and if so what are you running it with, sealed, ported, 12", 15," etc???

How do you like the adjustable damping and also the nice frequency selection???

If you do have one, did/do you by chance have a PE or Adire to compare it with/against when using it in your encloser and whats your take, power noticeable when the features are in use??

At it's price point along with it's features, it seems very hard to beat. I was going to grab 2 but only have (1) on the way right now. Brian D. was super nice to deal with by the way and very helpfull.
I am looking for others thoughts about the amp that have picked it up and put it threw it's paces. Nice features and a little more jucie/headroom to boot and for just a few bucks more than the other offerings around the same price point.

By the way, a couple PE-250's "may" be going up for sale in the FS area soon CHEAP.

Regards
Geoff

Jeffrey Stanton

Stunt Coordinator
I got on of those suckers too. I'm going to try it out on my 5 c.f. AV-15 sub (with two 18" 1600 gm Stryke PRs), as soon as it gets to me. Will let you know what happens...:)

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, that is a great deal. That amp is none other than the AMP350 (Apex Senior), except these importers have taken it further and incorporated their own mods for an adjustable rumble filter. And for a cheaper price too!

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Tony:

I "MAY" sell 1 or 2 of the PE-250's! If I do it will be in the next week or two. Will PM or Email you as soon as I make a decisiom. Contemplating another project using 4-8's in a compound Iso load. I need to figure out if I want to go after it or not yet this winter. I really don't have time and probley will be selling....:frowning:

Jeffrey:

Tho the price is definitly right for the R-350, I don't think your taking advantage of your drives alignment to it's full potential with that power. Twice that power, I would think would be needed/wanted to get the AV-15 into it's full use area. If this is just a stepping stone for now I can understand, allot for a little.
I may be wrong about the power and if so, someone will certainly correct me!

Baldemar:

Yes it appears the case and tho you may only gain a db or so in spl which is really nothing, the features of the amp and the extra wattage for headroom is how I look at it. I was hoping someone has this thing in actual use and what they thought of it.
Brian of Rythmik seems very nice and answered all my questions prior to purchase & quickly I might add, but real use of the extra goodies of the amp would be nice to hear about in any type sub alignment.

I think this could be a real nice sealed alignment amp for me..

Regards
Geoff

Ed Cherry

Auditioning
Would someone be so kind as to post the url for their (Rythmik's) web site? I have been unable to find it... Thanx

Jeffrey Stanton

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Geoff:

ACTUALLY I've got a 700 W pro amp waiting in the wings for use in driving that 5 cf AV-15 alignment. I've got the Rhythmik Audio amp on stand-by just in case I can't get the pro amp to work off the LFE (last time I tried it I couldn't get SQUAT from the LFE output (that's another thread, though....).

From an e-mail to me from John at Stryke (they make the AV-15): "There are a few options of what to use to power an AV15. First, we have our 350W amps. These actually tested out to 380W at the rated distortion levels. This will be able to drive an AV15 to about 90% of its ability..."

I already talked to Kyle Richardson at Acoustic Visions (the builder of the sub) about using that specific Rythmik amp in that alignment. He said it was usuable in that alignment & that it should almost be able to drive the AV-15 to full potential...of course, he designed the sub for me based on a full 700 watts input, so it only stands to reason that 350/380 watts (whatever) would be somewhat less than optimal. Let's just say that I've had problems "interfacing" the pro amplifier with my LFE output in the past and just want to have an amplifier option available for when the sub gets to me.

Also, I have been thinking about the possibility of getting a second Rythmik amp and driving the sub with TWO of them, but I do not know yet whether the AV-15 I'm getting is a DVC. Anybody out there know? :crazy:

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jeffrey

I thought that might be the case.

As far as your Pro Amp maybe you can get someone to buid you a SVS type black box, or maybe yourself.

I belive the dual voice coil AV's are 2-ohm x 2 and the singles are 4-ohm. So using 2 Rythmik~350 Amps might work. I would definitly check with Brian, if you have not already, to see if his 350's are 2-ohm stable.

I read last week some where on his site and can't seem to find it today, that "I belive" their safe to 2.8-ohm Sealed and 3-ohm Ported/PR'ed. Not positive as I can't find it today....
Strange, as it would seem to me that it wouldn't matter the alignment, but I would still call.
If it will drive the (2-ohm load) that would be a cheap way to go with the double R-350's.

Regards
Geoff
The extra features would be interesting to see used/tryed in that alignment.

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator

Actually there was a guy here a few days back who bought a 350watt amp with REMOTE for $99 from mcs electronics??? Can't remember the name but if you go back a few threads you may find his post.

good luck.

Travis Cain

Stunt Coordinator
Actually there was a guy here a few days back who bought a 350watt amp with REMOTE for $99 from mcs electronics??? Can't remember the name but if you go back a few threads you may find his post.
That was me, but it was $135 and MCM has already raised the price back up to $189..

Jeff Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
The online manual for the Rythmik amp says its stable to 2.5. I want to use one on each VC of my AV15. Trying to find out more now...
Did you get the dual 2ohm vc AV-15? My AV-15 only showed 1.5 ohms per vc when I tested it. I wired them in series and connected it to my Rythmik amp. After a couple of minutes of near reference listening, the amp is hot enough such that you can only hold you hand on it for a couple of seconds. If it gets that hot at ~ 3ohms, it may melt down at 1.5 ohms. Anyway, that's my experience, YMMV.

All that being said, the Rythmik - AV15 combo sounds great! I'm sure you could get more from the AV-15 with more power, but the level on my Rythmik is only at 25% and the bass is still overbearing!

Good luck!

JE

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jeff
I assume you were pushing it pretty hard also?

And for how long?

If it gets that hot I am surprised it dose not go into thermal shut down. Maybe get a fan blowing across the heat sinks when you reallt want to crank.

I used to run my PE-250 plates at 2.7 ohms and if pushed hard for any period of time (deep bass material) one amp would shut down and the other would keep playing. Both getting the same signal and output set the same.
It, the PE-250 anyway, dose not re-set itself you have to turn it off then back on. They got very warm but not to the point you could not leave you hand on them.

Just curious as the 1st Rythmik I ordered will be driving 4ohm to start but I might use it later in another sub encloser that is 3-ohms. Hate to see it melt itself down before it shuts itself down.

Geoff

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff,

I will let you know this weekend, i am receiving 2 stryke subs Finally. They will be an AV12 & AV15. I will push them with the Rhythmik amp as well...

Jeff Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I was pushing it pretty hard for about 20 minutes off and on. My neighbor, while outside our home about 100 feet from the house, asked my wife if she heard that thunder on three separate occasions! My wife finally said "trust me, it's not thunder, it's just Jeff and another new toy"!

Seth_L

Screenwriter
has anyone looked at this

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/Home/...185&SKUID=36429

my buddy is picking uo two of them for his stereo subs, i think they are a steel at that price, and they are god damn sexy as hell, nothing like brushed aluminum and red LEDs
As long as they can really put out their rated RMS wattage they look good. It's harder to cheap RMS ratings on home amps than car amps. That does seem like a lot of power for the price though.

Speaking of phoney power ratings... http://www.mcmelectronics.com/Home/l...72&SKUID=36616

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks