Rythmic Audio 350 watt plate amp... questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndrewScofield, Dec 3, 2002.

1. AndrewScofield

I just got my new plate amp in that I will be using with a sonotube and 15" Dayton DVC. I was looking over the amp and I noticed that there is only 1 plug for my speaker. Its a red wire and the tip of it is like what I would slide straight on to the speaker connection. My question is... is this a mistake? If not, how do I hook up my DVC?? Thanks!

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

There isn't a black wire along with the red wire coming from the back of the amp? If not, something is definitely wrong. You need a positive and a negative connection to make a speaker work. I'd e-mail the guy you bought it from ASAP.

BTW, I saw that amp on ebay and was curious about it at such a good price. I e-mailed the seller who replied, but I'm a little to cautious.

3. AndrewScofield

OK, my bad... I think. After more examination I did find a black cable as well, however... It doesn't seem like its coming from the right place. On the board, there are 4 marking labeled sp+, sp-, sp1+, sp1-. The red cable is coming from sp+. And the black cable comes from about 4 inches away to what looks like a small heatsing. Yea the whole thing is a little curious. But I will let everybody know how it goes. The amp itself I guess I bought from the company who makes them? Rythmic Audio. The knobs are very, very smooth. The item does not seem cheap at all. Everything is well placed & clean. And those knobs. WOW. So smooth to adjust phase, crossover & level. I will keep you posted about how to amp performs. Thanks

Andrew

4. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Andrew, I e-mailed the guy last night and he said that the amp is made by the same people that make the Parts Express plate amps. If they are, they should be very good amps. Please let us know how it goes!