What's new

Ryan Seacrest gets star on hollywood walk of fame (2 Viewers)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
Ryan Seacrest gets a star on the hollywood walk of fame (NOT JOKING) :

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...3241293281.jpg

holy crap, the sky IS falling.
i know there are celebs on the walk that have no talent, but at least THEY have been celebs for a sustained amount of time...

(didn't Sandra Bullock JUST get hers? and she's an accomplished producer too)

not that i held the walk to any high standard in the first place, but... RYAN SEACREST?!?!?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That was so funny, I short-circuited my sense of humor until the 9:30 South Park episode. ;)

Unbelieveable!!!

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Simon should turn to Seacrest at the end of the final show, point to him and say "Next season, Seacrest OUT"!.

What a joke.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Not that hard to get a star...just need a sponsor and $15K.

The sponsor can be anyone, as long as the "star" agrees in wriitng to attend the ceremony and someone fills out a PDF application. Selections are once a year and about 20 are approved out of about 200 applications.

From the Hollywoord Chamber of Commerce site:

Criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame
1.* Professional achievement
2.* Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment
3.* Contributions to the community

The bar is set kinda low, huh.....

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I'm sure the star portion was real, but didn't they say he was getting it for his work in radio, not television? Or was that some kind of in-show joke?

And I don't know if it was set up fake or not, but the one tribute segment where all you hear is his voice and he says "Oh, he's waving us up, guess we should go park by those dogs. ......wait, are those dogs? What are those things?" was pretty funny.

But it was sad that when I started laughing, my gf then asks me "well, what are they?" as she didn't know either. Are goats that rare these days?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Yes, the star had the microphone symbol, which symbolizes radio. I think Seacrest has been a popular DJ in LA for some time now (predating American Idol).

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The trade paper ads said he had been in the biz (mostly radio) for 15 years.

Elizabeth Montgomery had a 40 year TV career and never got a star. Oh well. Just curious what criteria warrants being one of the 20 selected out of the applicants...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
From the "Hollywood Walk of Fame" site...

"Celebs who will be getting new stars in 2005 include, for movies: Tim Allen, Antonio Banderas, Donald Duck, Kevin Kline, Julianne Moore, Patricia Neal, Dennis Quaid and Ben Stiller. For TV: Tom Brokaw, Wayne Rogers, David Hyde Pierce, James Doohan, Susan Lucci, Roger Ebert, Al Michaels and Soupy Sales. For musical recording: Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Carly Simon, The Righteous Brothers, Emilio Estefan, Al Green and Herb Jeffries. For live performance: Theodore Bikel, Linda Hopkins and Fred Travalena. For radio: Jim Ladd and Bob Miller. And Posthumous stars will be awarded to: Redd Foxx, Freddie Prinze, Stella Adler and David O. Selznik."

See? We've never heard of Jim Ladd and Bob Miller....but we don't hate them. :)

EricW

Senior HTF Member

you don't have to be famous to get a star on the walk, just ~accomplished~. i'm sure there are many people in the industry that are 'unsung heroes'... i don't think Seacrest is one of those :)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well, at least Donald Duck is getting his star this year according to the list.

Every cloud has it's silver lining.

Rutgar

Second Unit
Well, you gotta admit that Seacrest is thousands times better than that freakazoid that was his partner in the first season of American Idol. They were right on the mark dumping that weirdo.

Pamela

Supporting Actor

Actually, Jim Ladd is a very influential DJ, here in L.A. KNAC, the legendary KMET, KLOS, KEDG . . .. Of course if you don't live out here, you probably wouldn't know that. He did some syndicated shows, such as "Innerview" and "Headsets." Roger Waters used Jim as the model for the DJ on the K.A.O.S. album.

Ryan Seacrest used to do the afternoon drive at Star98 and now does mornings for sister station KISS FM (he replaced Rick Dees).

I'd say that Jim Ladd deserves this honor far more than Ryan Seacrest.

Rutgar

Second Unit

Er, their's plenty of room for both. How many hundreds of miles are there in available sidewalk space in Hollywood? And as someone already pointed out, it's not that difficult to qualify and buy a star. Now getting your mits into cement at the Chinese Theater, is another story.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Ryan Seacrest is a host on American Idol. He has this whole "metrosexual" thing going on.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is very disturbing to hear.

I had always gazed upon the Hollywood
Walk of Fame as a place where legends
are immorilized.

To put Ryan Seacrest in that group is
utterly disgraceful.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

The Walk of Fame honors those in TV, live performance, movies, music...where ever they worked, but I wonder if the radio honorees are usually from the L.A. market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks