What's new

Ryan Leaf retires. (1 Viewer)

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
You know what I would have liked to have seen? The Seahawks sign Ryan Leaf and then Holmgren makes Leaf play center or nose guard. Could you imagine the joy the fans would have seeing Ryan getting blind sided, smash, run over and crushed by those huge linemen and linebackers? Dude, I would pay the outrageous NFL ticket prices just to see that.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bruce, I wanted to say something about Mel Kiper when I read John's "experts" comments, but I couldn't think of a simple statement that summarized my disdain for Kiper. He just annoys me. His personality and plastic hair drive me away from the TV. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The end of an era...

Now he can sit around and wait for Canton to call.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

I heard ESPNradio report that in his breif career Leaf has made at least 20,000,000. If that's not set for life then I don't know what is.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Seattle fans are so lucky he never suited up. Being a Dallas fan I can't say that.

Now if Jerry Jones would just keep his nose out of football and leave it to the professionals we might have a good team.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
What a tool. To have a God given gift of great physical ability and screw it up because you're a jerk; what a waste.

I just wish he would have stayed and spread his poison through the Seahawk clubhouse.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Will he end up in NFL Europe or the Arena League ?

Anyone care to give their opinion...or he completely done with all forms of pro football ?

20 mil is a lot of dough to playing for next to nada for the Amsterdam Redlighters.

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
You all are just jealous, because this jerk is retiring after a few years of sitting on a bench with millions. Sure he's a jerk, but so are many other athletes.. Deion, Bonds, Belle, etc.. And guess what, they have millions too... Brian Bosworth did the same thing a few years back.
I went to college with Leaf and heard many stories about how much of a dick he was... I also felt that his receivers made him look good. Many of his throws were basically hail mary passes that the receivers speed caught up to. And I went to every game (what a party that was). I actually didn't see the quality that the scouts saw in him. I thought Manning was way better. However, let's just all look back on this and laugh.
My guess is his future is in WWF. :D

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

Absolutely not. Why would he quit his job in the NFL just to turn around and work for chump change on a lower level? That would be like me resigning from Pepsico to accept a job driving school busses.

MichaelG

Second Unit
This guy NEVER worked a day in his life and he can retire because he was a good college quarterback.

And no, I don't count those games he played in the NFL as work, I don't think any real NFL players would call it work either.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
"He retired when he got the $12 million. He just announced it last week." -Geep Chryst (Ryan Leaf's QB coach in San Diego)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Leaf, along with Jeff George and Scott Mitchell, are living proof that at the NFL level, playing QB is more mental than physical. All the guys at that level can throw the ball. If all it took to play QB in the NFL was physical ability, then Leaf, George and Mitchell would all be headed for Canton.

Weaker armed QB's can hang around in the league if they understand how to play the position. Guys like Rodney Peete, Dave Kreig and Erik Kramer will never be mistaken for having a rocket arm, but they understood how to play the position, and therefore hung around a lot longer than mental midgets like Leaf and Mitchell.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
It's so obvious how much of a beer guzzling good-ol' boy Leaf is similar to Brett Favre, but without the talent. Leaf has no ability to learn, i.e. his poor mechanics were a dead givaway. The guy is fat too!

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
I'm dragging this thread out of the mothballs because I was just curious whether anybody knows where to find a clip of Leaf's infamous tantrums - specifically the one in the locker room where Seau was trying to keep him from embarrassing himself any further. For some reason I was just thinking about it the other day and couldn't stop laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks