Ryan Adams - Jacksonville City Nights

Discussion in 'Music' started by nickGreenwood, Aug 30, 2005.

1. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

Looks to be the second release from Ryan and The Cardinals this year, with another album coming in December.
    "Jacksonville City Nights" is set to come out on Sept. 27

From Billboard.com:
    The ever-prolific Ryan Adams will release his second album of 2005 with his band the Cardinals, "Jacksonville City Nights," on Sept. 27 via Lost Highway. As previously reported, the 14-track set is highlighted by the Norah Jones duet "Dear John." It follows the May release of the double album "Cold Roses," which debuted at No. 26 on The Billboard 200.
    "It's very, very honky-tonk," Adams told Billboard.com of "September" in late April at the Jammy Awards in New York. He also said a third album, "29," was due for release Nov. 2, but a Lost Highway spokesperson says that project is now tentatively due in December.

Also on his website ryan-adams.com he posted that he and the cardinals went in to record music for Cameron Crowe's new movie Elizabeth Town and instead of doing one or two they did like 18 tracks.

These guys are on a roll. I loved "Cold Roses" I look forward to the new album.

2. nickGreenwood

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Thanks for the update. I loved "Cold Roses" as well. "Dance All Night" from "Cold Roses" was featured in the movie "Must Love Dogs." Ryan's buddy, Jesse Malin (Ryan produced his 1st album - jessemalin.com) is working on a couple of new ones too. He is a bit more rock than Ryan. They are doing a hurricane relief concert together in NY on Sept. 18. Jesse is really great in concert. Can't imagine the two of them together.

4. nickGreenwood

Thanks for the info on Jesse, I've never heard him really, I've heard of him, but not his stuff, I'm listening to samples on iTunes right now. Sounds great. Thanks again!

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    He is really good in concert. They have a small club in Arlington, VA called the Iota, http://www.iotaclubandcafe.com/. Saw him there earlier this year. Best concert I ever saw period and it was packed. Saw Amos Lee there last Dec. before anyone heard of him and there were no more than 50-60 people there. Ryan sings and plays on the 1st album besides producing it. I believe Jesse also does a cut on the Springsteen tribute album.

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I might have to get this album and Cold Roses. Sounds like winners.

7. nickGreenwood

Yeah, if you don't have Cold Roses already I highly recommend it, it's got a little bit of everything thrown in. But without really straying from the formula he's known for. Rachel Yamagata has a great voice, and she really compliments him on the songs she sings. Plus whomever he's got for a female singer in the band, I know there is one, but I don't know her name.

I'm really chomping at the bits to get the Jesse Malin cd, but I need to wait till tomorrow... Pay day. Thanks for letting me know about him.

8. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Rachael Yamagata is wonderful as well. Saw her at the Iota Club noted above too last yr. On the "Cold Roses" liner notes Cindy Cashdollar is credited with Steel Guitar and a couple of other instruments and Vocals. Catherine Popper is credited with Bass, Vocals and some Piano.