Ryan Adams/Elton John on Crossroads

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rain, May 30, 2002.

1. Rain

Rain Producer

I happened to be channel surfing the other day and as I passed the country music channel, I noticed they had a show on called Crossroads.

The episode in question featured a concert performance by Elton John and Ryan Adams. It was really quite cool. They basically performed songs from their respective catalogues, but swapped lead vocal duties. Ryan sang Elton's songs and Elton sang Ryan's. This was intercut with brief interview segments.

Though Ryan sang the shit out of Tiny Dancer and Rocket Man, he did crack Elton up at one point when he failed to hit the high note in Daniel. It was rather cute.

Such an odd pairing, but it was great.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if these shows are ever released on CD or DVD. If so, I'd definitely like to pick this one up.

2. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    This is a relatively new show on CMT . They pair an established country/folk musician with a musician of another genre. I think the show is only 5 episodes deep, so I haven't heard of any plans for cd or dvd. This show is brilliant! I could see this taking off...but with the cross-genre thing I could see some narrow-minded people dimissing the show. Some other matchups that are coming are
    Dave Matthews & the Dixie Chicks [​IMG]
    Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow
    great idea that I hope gets attention
    edited for crap spelling

3. Rain

Rain Producer

Thanks for the info, Zen. I'll keep my eye out for more.

The Ryan/Elton pairing was particularly interesting as they seem to have struck up some kind of friendship off stage.

Elton never seems to grow tired of praising Ryan's music, which Ryan seems to take a little sheepishly. In fact, Elton has been quite open about the fact that Ryan's recent albums have inspired him to "do better."

Great stuff.

4. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Stunt Coordinator

When does this show air? I am especially interested in the Willie Nelson/Sheryl Crow episode.

thanks