RXV-2400 - Beyond YPAO

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ty P., Mar 4, 2004.

1. Ty P.

Ty P. Auditioning

I set up this receiver with a 5.1 system, a wide screen Samsung DLP TV, and a Sony CD/DVD player about a month ago. All connections are with component & optical cables.

I ran the YPAO and am happy with the results but, admittedly, have a somewhat unsophisticated HT audio ear. Are there any manual override settings I should consider to enhance the sound (for cable TV, cable movies, and DVD's mostly)? I would, I think, like the rear speakers to be slightly louder. I suppose I could do that by increasing their distance setting?

Any advice from the experts?

Room is high ceiling 26' x 31' floor if that matters.

Thanks.

2. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

IMHO: You should use those results you are given as a backbone, then run DVE/AVIA w/ a SPL Meter to calibrate. I don't think any "automated" configuration will anytime in the near future match a REAL calibration DVD made by a 3rd party who is impartial. Then, if you need to, you can compromize between the 2.

3. Jeff O.

Jeff O. Stunt Coordinator

Ty,

Volume shouldn't be affected by the distance setting. The distance setting is used to set delay times. There should be separate level settings for each speaker that allow you to set the loudness.

4. Ty P.

Ty P. Auditioning

Good point on rear speaker volume Jeff. I understand that now.