What's new

RXV 2200 Volume Control (1 Viewer)

Cathy

Grip
Hello Everyone,

I have a Yamaha RXV2200 and I'm having a hard time controlling the volume of the receiver through the remote control. I was able to do it just a few times, but for some odd reason, it doesn't work anymore. The rest of the remote works without any trouble. Am I missing something here? It doesn't work in (or out of) 6CH Input. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Cathy :)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Do you have the "Silver Brick" remote? Check for a slide switch on the side. Changing this switch can change the signals for volume UP/DOWN on the receiver to being the volume control for the TV.

Cathy

Grip
Hi

Thanks Bob, but I don't have the Silver Brick Remote. I have a black one with a slide-out cover at the bottom. I think it's the RAV224.

Thanks again!

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I know this is silly, but have you tried replacing the batteries?

Is there direct sunlight shining on the IR receptor on the receiver, that could cause interference?

Is there a remote reset button that resets it back to factory settings? Try that.

Hope one of those works.

Cathy

Grip
Hello Jamie

Thanks for the suggestion, but those were the first things I checked for when my remote went on the fritz. I haven't found a reset button yet though. Maybe I'll look. Thanks again!

Cathy

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same remote/receiver, and have never had any problems. The volume control is one of the few (only?) commands that requires IR-repeating though (repeatedly sending out signals)...so maybe that part of it is malfunctioning....

Not much help huh? :frowning:

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Cathy,

I had the exact same problem with the remote for my RXV2200. Actually, 1st it was the volume that wouldn't work and then other buttons stopped working as well like the "changing channels" buttons. There was something wrong with the contacts points. It wasn't fixable and my dealer ordered another one for me through the warranty.

Not sure if you're unit is still under warranty?........but i have seen factory replacement remotes for the RXV2200 on Ebay for about $50. I think that a new one from Yamaha was in the neighborhood of $150.00

Of course, you may want to consider a "replacement" remote as well.

Good luck..........Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks