What's new

RX-Z9 or Rotel seperates? (1 Viewer)

JackS

Supporting Actor
Mindy- If your dead set on spending 6k for a receiver and also set on Denon, consider the new 4806. With the twenty-five hundred saved , purchase a 7 channel amp. Amplifiers are lifetime purchases which will still be in your posession long after any receiver has completed all of it's useful life . Receivers (regardless of price) will always be regarded as mid-fi. A consumer brand receiver connected to a modestly priced two, five or seven channel amp would be at least a small step into the world of hi-end. Not only will this solution sound better, it will also look better. This is what I would do but of course, your call.

mindy_c

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe its just me, but I dont understand how a receiver with all these features, power, sound quality and well the price tag, can be considered mid-fi. It may just be beyond my comprehension. We are leaning more toward the b&k products though.

Ron AZ

Agent
Mindy_C....

last week, while in Minneapolis, I went and auditioned the THETA CASABLANCA III, THETA MULTI-CHANNEL AMP and THETA DVD player..(cost between $25-$30 thousand), and I heard sounds I have never heard before (I have auditioned both the Z9 and Denon AVR 5805). I have a Lexicon processor with Rotel amps and I consider that mid-fi, especially once you hear the 'high-end' equipment. Please don't take me wrong, I like the Z9 and it will give you many years of wonderful HT viewing and listening. I would almost compare it to having a Nissan Altima and then driving a 700 series BMW (both great cars).

Ron AZ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks