What's new

RX-V630 vs RX-V730 Just no Phono? (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I am looking to replace mt Sony STRDE-835 receiver. I do not really have a price range yet but I do know that I want to step up. I am very comfortable with my hifi rep who carries Yamaha so I am leaning there, but have not checked out the new Onkyos yet. According to this link
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/compare/recvr_9.htm
the only difference that I see from 730vs630 is there is no phono imput or lcd remote. Seeing that I do not have a phono and do have a Sony AV2100 Remote Commander the 730 would be a waste of $100.00.
Has anyone seen, have and/or heard the 630?
Any other recommendations in this price range?
Thanks

Duane R

Second Unit
Dan,

I'm waiting on the 730 for a test drive myself. I sent an e-mail on Friday to Yamaha to find out when they're coming--I expect an answer Monday or Tuesday. I talked to a local Yamaha dealer yesterday and he said they'd be out in May. Hopefully, Yamaha will confirm or correct the shipping dates on these receivers.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Is on screen display worth $100.00 in anyones opinion. I dont miss it now! Should I?(I'm not being sarcastic)

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
A learning remote to go with your rcvr is nothing to sneeze at, even if it won't be your primary (consider the resale)

And if you've ever played with the finer control aspect of Yamaha's set-up menus then you already know how important that on-screen menu is!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks