What's new

RX-V2500 Receiver - sub output trouble (1 Viewer)

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
It looks as if my sub output on my yamaha receiver has taken a crap on me. The Receiver is a little over a year old...out of warranty. I hooked the center channel output up to another input on the back of the svs sub and the sub worked....phew.

My question is....how difficult is it to repair a sub output? I mean, is it worth having fixed or should I just be buying another receiver? I dont want to spend several hundred dollars having something fixed when I can just buy something new.

Anyone know of a place in Atlanta that may fix these things?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Shane

Don't buy a new receiver, there must be a repair facility in the Atlanta area. Probably won't cost quite that much...

Happy New Year

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Personally I wouldn't waste my time trying to get the thing fixed. Best case scenario it's a ten minute job for which a repair shop would charge you at least $100 in labor. It's just as likely that they will charge you $300+ in parts and labor so it's time for a new receiver.
I had a similar scenario a few years back when all of the coaxial audio in jacks on my Harman Kardon receiver stopped working. I spent a few hundred bucks on a new receiver for theater and demoted the HK to my bedroom where it's still running.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Shane;
I had the same problem on a Denon a couple of years ago. Fortunately mine was under warranty, but even so, I was able to bring it to the following repair location:

NORMAN'S ELECTRONICS
3653 CLAIRMONT ROAD
ATLANTA, GA 30341 USA
(770) 451-5057

This is about 2 miles off Peachtree Industrial near Brookhaven. Yamaha lists these guys as one of their service centers, also lists Hi Fi Buys Service, however they're quite a ways away from my location (30346).

Here's a link to Yamaha's authorized service center locations, you can do a search yourself and see if repairing this may be worthwhile or not... -TD

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Tom.

Funny thing is....I had just found Norman's electronics right before you posted this. Unfortuantely, my receiver is a little over a year old....making it.....out of warranty :frowning:

Oh well.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
That is a bummer. It might at least be worth finding out how expensive it would be to fix. A new 2500 would be at the cheapest $450... -TD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks