What's new

RX-V2300 and 4 ohm? (1 Viewer)

Mike--M

Grip
First off, thanks for all of the replies to my posts.

OK, here is my next question:

I have read that the RX-V2300 can run 4 ohm speakers. I copied this from the specs:

LOW IMPEDANCE DRIVE CAPABILITY AND IMPEDANCE SWITCHING
Yamaha's famed low impedance drive circuitry is included in this receiver so that it can handle virtually all loads and a wide variety of speakers. For further speaker matching, the amplifier can be set for either 4-or 8-ohm speakers.

Now the questions is would the Axiom m80ti speakers be a good match for this receiver? Is the 110 watts /channel enough or would it be better to go with the m60ti? Also, if neither what speakers would you recommend?

Thanks again, Mike

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Yamaha does have that impedence switch however the 4ohms will apply ONLY for the mains. It is recommended that if you have the mains as 4ohms then the center and surrounds have to be I think 6 or higher ohm. Personaly I would get the m60's to not put the extra strain on the receiver. If you plan on getting an amp soon then go for the 80's but if not I would go for the 60's, 150 center and qs4or8 surrounds. People will say that 4 ohms mains will be fine, and it probably will be but even if it is you will not be driving those speakers with enough power to really make them shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks