What's new

RX-V1300 or RX-V1400 (1 Viewer)

Hi everybody I'm trying to make a decision on upgrading my current receiver RX-V992 to one of the above mentioned ... I'm going to give a both a listen to compare .... I can get the RX-V1300 for probably $700 Cdn plus tax or the RX-V1400 for about $900 Cdn plus tax ... so, what's your opinion .. I'm leaning towards the RX-V1400 just because of some of the features thanks Mike

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to check out 6ave.com (call them at there toll free number at the top).

They have run out of RX-v1300s (for $529.06 with shipping), and are giving the RX-v1400 for (their retail is $799) for guess what... $529.06!! They are doing a free upgrade to the 1400.

I just ordered mine this morning, so I don't know how long this will last. :D

...but 250 off of the normal price, can't beat that. They are brand new in the box (people have already received them on the other forum I'm on). Plus the models they have in are the DPL-IIx!!! To me, that's a great deal. They are also doing the RX-V2300 -> RX-V2400 for $699.99 free upgrade as well. I just thought for the few features I need to save the money for something else.

These prices are USD by the way, so you'd have to figure out what that would translate into CND.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That is very tempting. Do you know if they are running a similar switch deal with the 2300/2400? $699 would be a great price for that one.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Yes they are doing the 2400 for the price of the 2300 (so 699.06 or 700.05)...they are doing the $.06 ground shipping. Check them out if you are interested in ordering the 2400. I stuck with the 1400 since I've known of less "issues" that people have complained about. Plus 10watts/channel isn't a super big deal to me, I'm just happy to have the 7.1 DPL-IIx!

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, unfortunately 6ave.com is out for anyone who is not a US resident. To quote from their help page:
"Due to Manufacturers' Restrictions and Warranties, We Are Not Able to Process International Orders. We only accept Domestic (USA) credit cards. Orders with International Credit Cards will not be processed."

Micheal, if you are interested in buying through the US, I would suggest etronics.com because they use Canada Post's Borderfree technology that gives you your landed cost in Canadian dollars (including shipping, duty and taxes).

That said, with the prices you are quoting, I don't think you could do much better shopping online in the US. Where are you getting these prices? Maybe I'll give them a call.

Personally, I would spend the extra dollars to get the extra features,

Jeff

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Well, not having owned either one, but having calibrated a 1300, I would definitely suggest the 1400/2400 hoping Yamaha has taken their heads out of their butts when trying to adjust dB levels on their receivers (and they have that fancy new YPAO feature). I was trying to calibrate my dad's 1300 this past week with a SPL meter, and it had to be one of the most frustrating experiences I ever had with a receiver. Of course, I'm a little spoiled with my Elite 45TX and Auto MCACC, but that 1300 was horrible. Had to go to several different menu options to adjust all the speakers. And, here's the real kicker, you can only set the mains to either -10 dB or Standard? What kind of limpd!ck setting is that? Unless I totally misread the manual missed something, I would have a hard time endorsing this receiver. Almost need a PhD to figure the thing out. OK, I'm done whining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks