What's new

RX-V1 low sound levels? (1 Viewer)

Kyle Peters

Auditioning
Finally getting around to setting up the RX-V1. I have got a question. It seems this thing doesn't play very loud,,, I probably have to have it set to -45 or -50 decibels on the volume to hear it decent and for music you really need to crank it up. I am using Definitivr Tech speakers all around. Is this typical? Also, on my old Yammie RXV990, the dolby pro logic would run through all the speakers even, I think, when there was no stereo signal. It says in the manual that this unit won't when a mono signal is detected. Is there a work around for that? Other than that I'm enjoying it,,,don't have it all set up yet but working on it.
Thanks, Kyle

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I have a Z1 & when I listen to music with my Klipsch RB5IIs I listen around -50db & movies around -33db(at this point it is about as loud as my ears can take!)

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle,
Take a look at this thread for an explanation of volume level settings on the RX-V1 and other recent receivers. It sounds to me like your receiver is working okay.
Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks