RX-V vs. HTR Power Issue + More

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lee M T, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

The Yamaha RX-V rating is from 20Hz to 20,000Hz, but the HTR line uses the measily 1Khz rating. According to Yamaha both lines use the same amps inside, the same everything in fact. The only two difference are the way the amps are rated and the lettering on the front face is white on the RX-V and Gold on the HTR. Does anyone think there will be any power differences between the two?

I was at my local Tweeter today and I can get the RX-V640 for $445, the RX-V740 for $530, and also I could get a Denon 2802 for $500. I don't know much about the Denon yet, but I know the remote looks like trash.

Anyhow, at Best Buy they have the RV-X640 equivilent (HTR-5660) that I can get for $439, and it's silver. Which I prefer.

Does anyone see anything that jumps out at them that I should really pay attention to?

Thanks a ton!,
    Lee

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Phil hit the nail on the head. If one compares the correct models, the HTR and RX-V line are the same. I recently had a "lively" discussion on this with someone at another forum. After several posts, a couple of us finally convinced the doubter... [​IMG]

4. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Thanks a million guys. I was thinking along the lines of what you both said, but you just never know.

I've eliminated my option of that Denon that was cheap, I found out it didn't have DD-EX. So, I'm pretty much just looking at the Yam HTR-5660, or the RX-V640/740. What are your thoughts on On Screen Display. I had it with my last Pioneer that went to the graveyard (go to turn the power on and it clicks, but nothing turns on). That's really the only thing I see beneficial on the 740. I don't have a turntable. So the phono input is no big deal.

P.S. Does anyone know if the RX-V line can come in silver? I've never seen one, only in the HTR line.