What's new

Rust Proofing??? (1 Viewer)

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
It looks as if I will be moving to the Toronto area shortly. I know there is a lot of salt on the roads there, as compared to where I live now, where salt is rarely used.

Does anybody have any advice or suggestions for rust proofing my car? Is one method better than the others? I have a pretty new car (2000 Alero) and I have heard that newer cars don't need it as bad.

Either way, I want to be safe. I don't want to be driving a rust bucket 3 years from now.

Thanks guys!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The OLD adage about rustproofing and cars is that sometimes they'd have to actually drill holes in the underside of your car to spray certain areas and that was horrible. I doubt if that is the case these days but I think the only real way to stop salt damage is to get a winter beater car... Whats even bad is those salt trucks that have their sprayers calibrated like a battleship's main turrent cannon, shooting salt at 90mph over every lane on the road. It's impossible to steer away from them and your car gets pelted with all those rock/salt stuff...

Jay

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
A while ago I remember seeing somewhere an electronic device that would slow down the of process rusting and metal deterioration in general. It wasn't in some FingerHut catalog full of products that never work, but rather some respectable source, can't vouch for it's validity though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks