What's new

Russia to 'N Sync's Lance Bass: Pay up or no space trip for you. (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Jack sez
NASA is the most consistently underfunded government agency--and one of the few government agencies of which we can be proud. NASA's funding should be four times its present $15 billion per annum.
I agree completely. I'm surprised that we're not further along in space exploration than we are. Some of the greatest achievments took place in the 60's and 70's.

The rate things are going now, we may not make it past Mars and that's assuming that we even go there.

Why is it that the general public has no appreciation (and sometimes even has distain) for the space program. Is the human spirit of desire for knowledge advancement and discovery just dying.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Scott Strang,

Yes, NSync have released three albums. Combined the album sales, appearances, tour profits, endorsements etc, yes he can accumulate that kind of money rather easily.

Considering Britney's gross income was around US$60 million last year alone, it is very feasible for Lance Bass to have at least US$30 millions in assets.

Don't forget, should he fly (and pay half of the $20 million fee) and his flight is recorded and broadcast by MTV and/or other entertainment-related media, he can use his $10 million as part of his income tax deduction.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I agree completely. I'm surprised that we're not further along in space exploration than we are. Some of the greatest achievments took place in the 60's and 70's.
Nothing gets stuff along better than good old competition. :) Some third world country is going to develop commercial space travel before the U.S. Next thing you know, some president (won't happen when I'm alive) is going to say we need to catch up. Space program than reaches unprecedented growth until U.S. doesn't care anymore, and NASA slumps back.
I think NASA is pretty underfunded, and I seriously believe it's going to take another kick in the pants to the U.S. to get it started up again.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think James Cameron would have made an unbelieveable film that would have sparked the imagination of America had he gone up. I've heard his IMAX Titanic film is unbelieveable.

We'll see when it comes out in October

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks