What's new

Russia again makes noise about sending humans to Mars. (1 Viewer)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Why can't they just film a Mars landing like they did with the Moon landing? It would be considerably cheaper and provide the conspiracy theorists material for years
Didn't they already do this and call it Capricorn One :D :D :laugh:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
So they're building Side 7 for interstellar launch? :) Sweet ;) Now all we need are some nice Mobile Suits and away we go
(Sides are space colonies in the Gundam universe built at the LaGrange points, which for the unitiated are places in the Earth sphere where the Earth and Moon's gravity cancel each other out)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Pretty simple. Seems like this whole endeavor is better left to another century.
But since we have the technology to quickly destroy all of mankind in this century, it makes sense to pursue efforts to make us independent of this little blue rock we call Earth to ensure the continuation of our humble little species.

I guess it depends on what your priorities are.

Rob

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I guess it depends on what your priorities are.
My priorities are to avoid nuclear war. Also, going to Mars will have no measurable effect on insuring the continuation of our species. Unless a remote probe is able to analyze the soil and find that something there will inhibit the colonists there from killing each other.
A small colony on Mars means a small population that is easier to wipe out than on Earth.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
It would be hugely expensive to start-up a truly self-sustaining human colony on Mars. That doesn't mean we shouldn't go though, we have the ability and I believe it is a fundamental part of human nature that sooner or later we will go there. By studying another planet in detail we can learn a great deal about the solar system and our own planet. We will not know what material benefits we will eventually gain, because we haven't obtained that knowledge yet.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And to think: We once thought humans would have made the trip by now. In the wake of Apollo 11, NASA prepared at the request of the White House a plan for sending people to Mars by either 1982 at the earliest or a little later in 1985.

I expected to see astronauts on Mars.

Well, some of us will see it.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I think we have the technology today to get people to Mars but we couldn't get them back to Earth.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Just great!!! We ain't done screwing up this planet yet, and we wanna move to another?
And howse about them moving companies....Hell, they can't can even move ya' across state without busting your nice Chinawear! Sheesh!:frowning:
And did anyone tell the Martian about us invading...why would we...us Americans did the same thing to the Indians!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks