What's new

Russell Crowe objects to Joan Collins (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
For all of you know-nothing dumbasses out there, the animosity between Joan Collins and Russell Crowe is well known in Hollywood circles and stems from a royalty dispute from Crowe's uncredited appearance in 1977's "Poliziotto senza paura". Crowe's impecable performance as Werner Pochath's hothead teenage son was left uncreditted after his brief on-set romance with Collins turned sour. She reportedly had friend and director Stelvio Massi (whom Crowe later publicly threatened with "decrapitation", that's right "deCRAPatation") surreptitiously remove Crowe's name from the film.
Thanks for that info...I will have to revise what I said earlier...Russell Crowe is a schmuck AND a bad lover

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
As Adam stated, who really gives a damn. None of us know these actors. A lot of them could be pricks. Most of them are probably prima donnas. Not good behavior, but just put out a great performance next time I pay my 8 bucks and that's all I care about. I don't know him. I don't hang around him. So who cares. Just give me my money's worth.:)
Well, it happened. Crowe admitted to getting overzealous towards the show director. He said he was angered by his speech getting cut down from 2 minutes to 50 seconds. He felt the director was dissing his speech as unimportant, and he thought what he was saying was important and relevant. However, he denied that he roughed up the guy. He stated he put his finger in his chest when he confronted him. He also denies that he said he'd ruined the guy. So, there's both sides of the story. Take it for what it's worth.
So, there it is, straight from the horse's mouth. This action probably cost him any chance for an Oscar, or have the votes already been in? Oh well, he shouldn't have gotten so angry. He should apologize. But I could care less, for the reasons listed above.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Crowe was on Entertainment Tonight to tell his side of the story about the BAFTA incident.

Oh well. This incident just adds to his other list of behaviors including the 2000 Oscars where he was uncomfortable with some of the jokes that Billy Crystal laid on him.

Still, no other confirmation about the Joan Collins remark.

~Edwin

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Don't you mean the 2001 Oscars where Martin laid some jokes on him Edwin. Let me restate that, laid numerous jokes on Crowe all night long. It got tiresome and rude after about the third one. But that's another story.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I thought Martin giving Crowe the business last year was hilarious. And what was with that shirt and haircut? I thought maybe he hand landed a role in a new biopic about Flock of Seagulls.

William Lee

Agent
lol, i have never been a fan of Russell Crowe. He always looks so surly to me. Ugh, this news has ruined it for me. What if he gets casted as Superman?!? some personality he has there

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned it in the Oscars thread, but IMDb had another story with a rather unflattering quote from Robert Duvall regarding a soured bid to cast Crowe in his film.

Whatever went on between the 2 doesn't seem to have gone well based on Duvall's attitude now.

One or 2 things you think are blown out of proportion or flat out BS. When you get about 20 stories in 2 years, it's a pattern. Clearly it seems that RC ain't the sweetest guy to be around.

I mentioned it in the Oscars thread because this is the worst time for an Oscar nominee to get bad press, just days before ballots go out.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned it in the Oscars thread because this is the worst time for an Oscar nominee to get bad press, just days before ballots go out.
By appearing on Entertainment Tonight, he was either setting the record straight or doing some damage control. ;)
~Edwin

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Say what you want about the guy. He is still among the 5 or so best actors working today. IMHO of course,

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Now I can't remember whether it was Martin, Crystal or Whoopi giving him a hard time which he did not appreciate. It was definitely the Oscars but whether it was the 2001 or 2000 Awards, I can't remember now. But the dismay on Crowe's face said a lot. :)
~Edwin

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
He may be a good actor (I thought he did a really good job in "A Beautiful Mind") but good gosh, man, show some class! I don't think there is any excuse for his remarks at BAFTA or others. A little common curtesy to others in your field can go a long way, and being a prick can come back and bite you later. Here is a spin from the gossip columnist at MSNBC.com: Crowe

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
What if he gets casted as Superman?!?
:laugh: That was nothing more than a rumor. He's not getting cast as Superman. I doubt he'd accept it.
As for his behavior, it is practically guaranteed that he now has no chance at winning the Oscar for Best Actor, even though he was the best. Work on that speech Denzel.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
On being one of the 5 best actors working today...more like one of the five most well-known. I can think of a dozen actors that I consider *better* than Russell. But point taken, you can be a great actor and be an ass. I still think he's a great actor...but if I see him, I will bite my thumb at him, which is an offense to him if he bears it:D
Take care,
Chuck

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'd say he's easily one of the 5 best, in my opinion. But that's all subjective I guess.

I was gonna ask you what did that mean Chuck. I was gonna say why not give the finger.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Again, I'm not sure anyone is saying that these incidents make him unqualified as an actor. They MAY hurt future business opportunities (just ask Bill Murray about Charlie's Angels 2) and they seem to tell us that he's a guy best avoided by others. But maybe that inner torment drives his acting skills.
All I know is that he's going around making as jack-ass of himself and then having his agent call him up and scream "Spin control, I've booked you on ET". Because true or nor, fair or not, the situations HAVE to be addressed at this point.
Unless he plans on sending an "Indian" to the Oscars to collect his award if he wins, thus finally solidifying that he truly could give a shit about them. :)
Luckily for the Oscars no jerks have EVER won the Best Actor, nor any other Oscar, so he was able to collect his last year. Is there some irony that the man famous for turning red-scare informant, Kazan, got a lifetime honorary award just 2 years before. Guess Crowe was down with ousting the "red menace" that Charlie Chaplin was. ;)
Kazan okay, JOAN COLLINS, BULLSHIT! :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Neither ET or Access Hollywood have reported on it, and since they report entertainment news, I would have expected they would.
ET and Crowe are totally in bed together. ET has been pumping up Crowe and ABM almost exclusively since the Oscar nominations were announced. You'd hardly know there are other actors or films nominated if ET was your only source. So ET wouldn't ever report on anything that might make Crowe look bad unless, as has happened, they can frame it in such a way that is to his benefit and he can save face.

I would assume that Dreamworks and ET have some sort of exclusive access agreement for ABM and the Oscars which is why Crowe is getting such favoritism.

I used to admire the man's talent, but his self-important arrogance has totally obliterated those feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks