What's new

Russell Crowe is a mensch (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Found this story after seeing it reported on IMDB celebrity news:

One obviously doesn't have to be Jewish to appreciate this story, but if you are, like me, it sure is nice to read about.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
It's a Yiddish term for an admirable or generous person. It literally means "man" in German, which Yiddish is largely derived from.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Nick, I figure I was doing you a favor, doesn't news travel kind of slowly to Australia? You know, even when the celebrity whose gender is in question is Australian. :D

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
And if you are a Seinfeld fan, you'll know that Russell Crowe is most definitely not a shiksa!

PaulDi

Auditioning
Russell Crowe is actually a New Zealander not an Australian. But seeing as he's such a wanker Australia is welcome to him.

James T

Screenwriter
This story was in the Toronto Star a couple days ago. Crowe actually didn't want the public to know about his donation, but one of the kids told their parents who told someone...until it got to the press.

The article went on to say that Crowe in Toronto is really a different person than what he's viewed as. He doesn't mind the Toronto photograhers, as he's smiled at a few shots. The only time he didn't smile in Toronto was when a group of foreign photographers tried to chase him down. He used a decoy that got rid of most of the papparazzi.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
[heavy accent on]Oi, come on Tuggy, let's go fight those firebombers. Yeah, they really like a good fight.

;)

reference from South Park

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Yeah, have to say that this put the guy in my good books.

I have been trying to chose books from my personal library to donate to the recovery, but its not been easy, most of mine are either too "old" for children, or just too old.

Like they would want my well read copy of Starship Troopers, or other "pulp" sci-fi books.

I say "Way to go" to Mr. Crowe

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
funny, i AM a big seinfeld fan, and i thought i had seen most of the episodes, but i'm not sure about the mensch name. unless i missed that one.

CJ

James T

Screenwriter

I forgot about that episode. Do you remember the theme song from the show? I almost fell over laughing when he tried picking a fight the chinese even though they couldn't understand him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks