Russ Meyer!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by alan halvorson, Jul 6, 2002.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Dvd Talk reports that three Russ Meyer flicks will be released to DVD on July 23: Cherry, Harry & Raquel, Mondo Topless and Up!. Unlike most Russ Meyer LD releases, these will not be double features. Like most Russ Meyer LD releases, they will be darned expensive - this guy knows how to charge - $39.95 list for each. They will also be bare-bones.
    So, Russ Meyer fans, your wishes are starting to be realized - kinda, I guess.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

It is about time, I wonder who is distributing them? I assume these will all be full frame though. It's too bad there isn't commentary - Russ' are some of the funniest I ever heard, especially the Vixen box set. I'll never look at a blacksmith the same way again! [​IMG]

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Russ is probably doing everything himself

Oh well my Vixens LD Box just came so Im happy

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I see Russ has a 3 for 2 deal on his website. Buy any 2 titles and get the third free. Basically, you grab a pair and get a threesome...

We'll have to keep a breast of this situation as it develops.

5. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Well, the one I'm waiting for is Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, one of the funniest movies of all time.
    Tommie: What's your point?
    Varla: It's of no return, and you've reached it!