What's new

Rush Tour Dates Announced (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Cool. Can't wait to see them (maybe for the last time). I do think they'll do at least one more album and tour.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
This is extremely good news. Looks like I'll be checking out the very first show of a Rush tour for my first time! They're starting out in Nashville, my neck of the woods. I've never had front row seats for Rush, but I think I'll try harder this time. I'm sure the show will be something special, considering how good the Vapor Trails tours was (they just keep getting better!). I don't think it will be their last tour, but it may be one of the last. I'm hoping for a surprising mix of songs, leaving out some of the worn-out standards and really digging deep into their massive catalog of songs. Some more of Vapor Trails would be nice, too. Since they don't have a new album to support--for the first time--they could really do the last one justice by using two tours to showcase it. I'd like to hear Sweet Miracle, Vapor Trail, and Freeze this time out.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
This is great news - due to scheduling conflicts, I wasn't able to see them for the Vapor Trails tour. They're coming to Columbus, which is only an hour away.

Now I just have to find someone to go with....

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Damn!!!! They're coming to Chicago on June 5 which is my daughters 2nd b-day. Maybe next time. :frowning:

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even realize they had a new website, rush.com. (Or at least, new to me!)

I ordered a cool 1976 Farewell to Kings T-shirt in size XXXL (normally I'd take an XL but rock shirts are notoriously tiny).

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Excellent! I finally get a chance to see them at Red Rocks! Seen them twice at another local amphitheater, but nothing compares to Red Rocks!:emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

I think I still have my tshirt from that tour when I saw them way back in 1977. I have pictures from the 3 tours:

Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves

I had 3rd row seats for the Permanent Waves tour. The other 2 I had my elbows on the barrier in front at the
Forum in Montreal.

I just got my slide adapter for my camera. Someday I'll put a few pictures up on my website.

Tim

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Anyone have ticket broker recommendations? The 'Net pre-sale this morning for the L.A. Hollywood Bowl show was a joke--even the $99.50 tix were gone very quickly. Did anyone actually get any of these via the pre-sale? There are already box seat tix for sale at sites like BigTimeWorld.com for $420.

"Struck between the eyes by the big time world," indeed.

-p

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Their pre-sale was a joke. At 10:01 all that was available for Detroit were lawn seats. I hate ticket brokers. They are like crack dealers. If you want to the good stuff, you gotta pay. Time to open up the ol' wallet I guess.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Pre-sale in Denver here is this Saturday at 10AM. Im sure I will be experiencing sticker shock when I see how much they are going for and my have to reconsider:angry: . It is Red Rocks though and may be worth it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The only way to order tickets for the Jones Beach, NY show is to belong to something called GetAccess, and membership is $60! WTF?

Their set claims to offer deals on pre-sale events and better seating, etc. Does anyone use this? Is it worth it?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
GetAccess is a Clear Channel program designed to milk you dry.

Are you sure you can't buy those tix here:
http://www.rush.musictoday.com/Rush/calendar.aspx
password "kimono"

You can often get cheap GetAccess 4-month memberships on eBay bundled with some tickets that are not selling.

Check out this and other completed auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2225806459

Unfortunately, none at the moment.

EDIT: Maybe not. I think, if I read this correctly, you get a 4-month GetAccess membership if you buy these tickets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2229885162

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2229885185

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2229609250

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2229916527

I point this out because it would likely be cheaper than buying the $60 membership.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I used the link at Rush's web site. Thanks, Michael.

Only the cheapy seats were available. Folks, jump on these fast.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Mike B. et al.:

What are ya'll's thoughts on foregoing the crap that was left after "brokers" apparently got their chunk of tix before pre-sales (its hard to say which is more pathetic: the location of the Hollywood Bowl seats available after only 15 minutes or so of presales or the prices of those seats) in favor of going to said crack dealer brokers and paying Big Money to maybe get a better seat closer to concert date?

An added problem for me is that I usually only want one seat and brokers typically sell in pairs. I guess I could buy now, try via a broker later and sell the presale ticket on eBay if need be . . .

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks