Rush on SACD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Frank_T, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Frank_T

Frank_T Auditioning

I recall sometime ago an article about Rush possibly coming to SACD. I don't remember where I read it though/

Has anyone else read/heard anything about this? I was really hoping the bonus CD's in R30 would be SACD (or DVD-A, but I prefer SACD), but alas they were not.

Thanks

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I am a huge fan, and would like nothing more than to have the band in ANY hi-rez 5.1 format, but....

This is one of the most overblown rumors on the web. Yes, there was a comment from someone close to the band saying that they were mixing their catalog into 5.1, and that they would be set up for future releases on SACD, but that was it.

Here is the link:

http://www.superaudio-cd.com/news/newsitem.php?id=99

Let me repeat, I LOVE RUSH, and would be jazzed were this to happen but there was very little substance to the announcement.

Brian

3. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    What BGL said.

Unfortunately, just because Pierre Lamoureaux said his crew technically prepared for such releases doesn't mean they're going to happen.

And personally, I'm tired of having my chain yanked on this issue.

UMG is also supporting DualDisc now for artists who currently move more units than Rush (e.g. Diana Krall, Toby Keith). Here's hoping that we don't eventually get Rush Duals with no hi rez and some dodgy vid content.

-p

4. Frank_T

Frank_T Auditioning

Between Rush and Genesis (OLD classic Genesis), the two other bands I'd love to have their entire catalog in hi-rez would be Yes and Floyd.

...and it is somewhat widely reported that much genesis has been completed (I think Foxtrot was the last) but has no release date on SACD.

Anyway - Rush video content has always been dodgy [​IMG]

Here's hoping it happens in '06!