Rush on hirez?

Discussion in 'Music' started by FeisalK, Nov 14, 2003.

1. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

are there any plans for any m/c reissues of any Rush albums?

I'd like to put my vote in for Hemispheres (heck, all of em, but Hemispheres first)

Aside for it being a great progressive rock album, it was the first Rush album I ever owned, at 17, and traveled 60 miles just to buy the record not having heard any Rush at all prior to that.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I think there was a post a while back that the previously announed Hi-Rez releases (2112, I think was listed. Don't recall the other titles) were either cancelled, or postponed.

Major bummer, IMHO. I would love to hear some of their catalog in Hi-Rez MC, in particular 2112, MP, Permanent Waves, Signals......oh crap, just give me EVERYTHING!

BGL

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

The word was that they were going to release the first 5 Rush albums (Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, All the World's A Stage) on hybrid SACD with 2112 getting a surround track. They were even listed on some vender's sites, I think, but were taken off.

Many of us believed that these releases would have been the first batch of their entire catalog, because why else would they bother with Caress of Steel and such? We were hoping they were just releasing them all in chronological order.

It remains to be seen what happens to them.

4. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

oooo [​IMG]

if 2112 is going to be m/c theres a good chance Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves will be as well i hope

a few websites list 21 october as release date for the 5

5. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

These releases were canceled by Universal. Nobody knows if they are going to be re-scheduled.