What's new

Rush Live Now! (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
And then they went straight into a bunch of commercials and videos?!?!?!?!

That is NOT GOOD.

Arrrrrrrrrhhhhh!

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
THIS SUCKS does not do justice to my feeling right now!

One freakin' song? Cripes!

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Did you notice that when they were playing it was sunny, but then they went to a crowd shot, and it was almost dark?

Methinks this was not in real time, and its basically an edited show.

....which is quite disappointing.

I was going to wait around for AC/DC but I think I will get better bang for the buck be playing my AC/DC Live DVD.

Oh well, we got one Rush song, right?

BGL

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Funny, when they were doing a report on the news this morning, they mostly showed Rush clips. :D

Jason

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Hey Paul, there was a set list posted over at Steve Hoffman's Site.....but I would MUCH rather get a play by play from Jason!

I can say that Tom Sawyer (the only song on the Webcast) did seem a little flat. But it was not exactly a hi-fi webcast, thats for sure!

Good to see that Geddy has not yet retired the clothes dryers!

BGL

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
From \rushtour.com
- Tom Sawyer
- Limelight
- YYZ
- Dreamline
- Freewill
- Closer to the Heart
- Spirit of Radio

Short-Review:
The band was great, the crowd was not the usual "loyal fan" and therefore was not as enthusiastic or energetic. They had the washing machines going on in the back. There was a new, "weird" intro to Spirit. The guys did seem a bit stressed, constrained by the time and went through their set without a pause in between songs. Overall, I enjoyed their set although it was definitely not the true "rush concert experience" with the mixed crowd being that the majority were there to see other bands and did not care much about RUSH.

Someone else posted:
They also did an instrumental version of "Paint It Black" before TSoR...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry guys, I don't always check in here.

I was mildly dissapointed in the sound of the concert. If you weren't in the middle it got quiet quickly. You also lost the sync of the sound to the screens where we were.

My buddy and I were in the "Molson Rocks" beer area(left side about 500 yards away).

I was VERY upset that they only played for around 35 minutes, and an very hopeful for a tour soon. Though I'm not sure if they are in the right mindset yet.

Geddy Lee sounded good, not great, and it sounded like he hadn't hit the higher registers in a while.
Alex .... was there!:)
Neil was on the ball and sounded as good as ever ... but no drum solo ARghh!!

Brent

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It's dissappointing that Rush didn't receive a warmer welcome, especially since Toronto is their home town.

Randall Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Oh well, we got one Rush song, right?
Yea, but, why Tom Sawyer? I waited that long to see one Rush
song and I get Tom Sawyer? :D

Something else, anyone think they should've included OLV in
the setlist for this show? I think they should've started
their set with it. I mean, almost all Rush fans have heard
Tom Sawyer millions of times and even "non-Rush fans" have
heard it a lot if they listen to the radio. Hell, I've heard
it so much that I tend to skip it every time I put MP in my
CD player.

Well, too late anyway...And too bad CBC.ca only let one song
from each act be shown on the webcast.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for something like "Trees" or "Red Barchetta" even "Temples of Shyrinx"(SP?)

Brent

People complained about the TV stations playing only 1 song, for me I was VERY happy. This was a concert for the ages, and a memory I'll never forget. It Was NOT something that should have be watched live in front of a 27" tv!!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Well, back in the day, I watched Live Aid, in its entirety (I only missed the 1st hour due to work commitments), live on a 19" TV.

In case anyone is too young to recall, it was telecast live, start to finish from about 10am until after 10pm.

I would have loved the chance to have watched the SARS concert end to end. And with Tivo, I could even have gone the boys room without missing anything:D

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks