What's new

rush hour 3 is on the move (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Does the world really need another one of these? I think not.

:D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Was Tucker not supposed to have "quit Hollywood" to save children in Africa?

--
H

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Well, Jackie's only doing this one for the money. Even he hates the movies.

He should make some nice money, though, since he'll own the rights to it in China/HK. :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I just hope they find a way for Chris Penn's
character to do some sort of cameo. :)

I had heard that Chris Tucker wanted some outragous amount of money, like twice Jackie Chan's salary... Was'nt he the highest paid African American for a while at 20 mill?

Ryan

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Tucker got 20m (?!?!?!?!?!?!) against 20% of the gross, Chan got 15/15, and Ratner got 7/7. If the film does not get made, Tucker and Chan will still get paid. I'm not certain about Ratner. I'm waiting for some kind of explanation that REMOTELY justifies Tucker's paycheck.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
He is a big box office draw (at least in association with this title) and the movie is expected to make a boatload of $$$ thanks to him? Like it or not, this series has been immensely succesful so far.

Without Tucker, chance are this would be "just another Jackie Chan flick", and those gross nowhere close to what Rush Hour brings in.

While I haven't seen the sequel, I remember enjoying the original. The formula isn't very difficult to replicate, and looking the numbers, it works. From a studio point of view, until it gets stale (part deux made 200+M, we're not there yet...), this is as close to risk-free as they come.

--
H

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Could that be any worse of a way to download a trailer? Sheesh.

I've uploaded the 640 .mov file to my website for easier downloading for people. :)
Rush Hour 3
Just rightclick and save as.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I'm vaguely disturbed that Ratner now warrants a "A Brett Ratner Film" above the title. I seriously doubt he's a household name.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Huh. I can't remember the last time I've seen a trailer with so much voiceover guy participation.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they did the opposite approach and left all the funny parts out of the trailer. :)

Eh, I'll probably still see it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I liked the first one, tolerated the second one and have absolutely NO desire to see the third one. It looks beyond horrible and proves that Brett Ratner is the biggest hack working in Hollywood today. Now excuse me while I go perform a home labotomy to get that trailer out of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks