Rush Hour 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Dec 25, 2001.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Damn nice DVD and put together well.

Only thing irritating is that the way I access the special features is that I have to go click "Need Help" and go from there...

I love all these commentaries and IniFilm featurettes.

-Bert

P.S. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hannukah

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I haven't got around to renting this yet. Is the movie as funny or good as some say it is?

3. Ralph Caceres

Ralph Caceres Auditioning

Excellent Movie![​IMG]

4. Ben_S

Ben_S Agent

This was my first Infinifilm purchase and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The menus were unnecessarily confusing and complicated and the transfer was sub par and the extras weren't that great. New Line could learn a lot from Criterion in terms of menu design. If this is what I can expect from Infinifilm I sure hope LOTR doesn't become one.

5. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I have Thirteen Days which is Inifilm and I haven't watched it yet. Hopefully the menus won't be as confusing. But I still love Rush Hour 2 and the other student film is great, Brett's first film on Rush Hour was better though...
    -Bert
    P.S. I'll reply back on how IniFilms other production (The DVD that is) was..

6. Damian James

Damian James Stunt Coordinator

I agree that the menus were a bit clunky, but overall I liked the extras. It would have been nice to have a 'play all' function to see all the extras together, instead of having to get snippets then going back to the menu to choose something else. The transfer left something to be desired as well, I was expecting much better quality for something to be touted as one of the next big things in dvd.

7. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Aaahh but the audio....superb. I thought that the transfer was a bit grainy though too. Soundtrack was one of the best I've heard though..agreed?

8. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I thought the transfer was fine! Good movie too!

9. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit

No problems with the menu's over here? Audio, Video & Extras were top notch in my opinion.
    Excellent movie and DVD[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

dont forget the LOTR trailer hidden in the "select a scene" menu (i think its somwhere between chapter 7&8 it will have a big question mark where normaly a scene would be)

11. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I have the Toshiba SD-27000 and InfiniFilm is funky on my machine. When I select Fact Track, it sets my player to Subtitle Track 1 and I get no subtitles or InfiniFilm (IF) features at all.

By manually selecting sub tracks, I've found that Sub Track 2 is Fact Track + IF Track and Sub Track 3 is just IF Track.

As for the movie, I enjoyed RH better. But my goodness were the two lead actresses beautiful in RH2. There was a point where Sylvester Stallone knew why Bridget Nielson wanted to be with him, but he didn't much care. Looking at the Secret Service agent, I know how he felt.

I haven't noticed any problems in the transfer, but I didn't watch it under critical conditions. The audio was fine.

12. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Good movie. I rented it a couple weeks ago. Better than I thought it would be. [​IMG]
    Jon

13. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

actually...there are two LOTR trailers hidden in the select a scenes

14. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

i watched this movie for the first time last night and i have got to say this is one im going to be pickin up. i liked the first movie.. but i felt this one was much better. this was my first time ever watchin an inifilm disc. i don't know how the rest of them are but i didn't like the menu too much but it can be gotten past. i say pick this one up.. i will. [​IMG]

15. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

OK now somebody tell me was this a crappy layer change or what?

It was real good audi, but the video was not as good as it could of been.

Overall it is a very good buy if you like the movie. I did!

16. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I do wonder how these layer change spots are decided upon. Like there's no fadeouts nearby?
    And RAM is cheap now! Why don't manufacturers just pop in a small bit of memory so that our players can read ahead and be unaffected by the layer change?
    As for the movie, audio is excellent, picture is pretty darned good on my ISF PT-47/RP91 combo. The trailers are sweet, the extras are okay. A good buy for those who like the film.
    I cna't get enough of the karaoke scene at the beginning, especially the asian guy (I'm asian/pacific islander so I've seen this firsthand, although there are quite a lot of very good karaoke'ers too) trying to get through Don't Stop til you Get Enough! [​IMG]

17. Derrick_Ellis

Derrick_Ellis Stunt Coordinator

I actually had a problem with the menus at first too. But Bert, you don't have to go through the help to get to the special features. You just need to select the Infinity Films menu selection then go to Infinify Films Features from there. I think they were trying too hard to make it easy for people to get help on what Infinity films was, and ended up confusing a bunch of people.