Rush: Continental AL arena, Nov 6th?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Woke up this morning to the intro to 2112 on the radio.. There's tickets still left for the Rush show on Nov 6th (7:30pm) in the Meadowlands... Anybody around NJ wanna go?
    I've asked a couple of Rush friends but none of them can make it.... Last time I saw Rush was for the Roll the Bones tour.

Let me know, PM or email me.. I think the tickets are from $50-%75 plus ticketmaster fee I presume.

Jay

2. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Just had to comment that must have been an awesome way to wake up in the morning. Unless you're the type (like me) that slams down the alarm at the first hint of sound).

Chris

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Actually, it was a commercial for the upcoming tour, Oct 24th in MSG and Nov 6th in Continental. They use the opening of 2112 to start the commercial and my alarm just happen to go off just when the commercial started. Unlike most people, I'm usually quite awake before my alarm goes off, but I use the alarm to tell me when it's actually time to get out of the warm and cozy bed.

Just downloaded about 500MB of live rare Rush goodies from 2112.net A REALLLY great site. Too bad the cheapo sound driver for the new Optiplex I have at work was crap, played the MP3s too fast and made Geddy sound (more) like a chipmunk on steroids so I had to download new/different ones for the built in AC97 chip and all is well now. Check it out if you haven't already, he has tons of live stuff, prerelease stuff, rush covers. And these aren't studio work so you wont find them on anything but bootlegs. He even has an MP3 of when Rush was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame.

Jay

4. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Cool Jay thanks. I'll check it out!

Chris