What's new

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd let any other Rush fans know about this, in case they hadn't seen it already. There's going to be a one night only showing of the Rush documentary listed in the title at select theaters.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/rushbeyondthelightedstage/

http://rushbeyondthelightedstage.com/

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! Great info. Right now, the closest showing for me is several hours away, so I will have to wait for there to be new showings added, or until the BR comes out.

Nice to see the trailer in HD! I downloaded and converted it over to my iPod.

Brian

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Metal was good. I'd go see this, but I don't think I'll get out to the theater. I'll just have to be content with seeing Rush perform all of Moving Pictures in September.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Metal was good. I'd go see this, but I don't think I'll get out to the theater. I'll just have to be content with seeing Rush perform all of Moving Pictures in September.

I haven't been to a live concert in 22 years but seeing all of Moving Pictures live was enough to get me looking into tickets. Unfortunately, the only tickets left for the Boston show were either in the back of the stadium or ungodly expensive. Enjoy the show!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the BR is coming out pretty quickly after but I want to see it with a crowd of Rush fans on a big screen.

PW is good but it's no MP. The Camera Eye is one of my favorite Rush songs and I'd love to see them play it live. I just can't bring myself to spend $200-300 for a good seat. Sitting in the back of the stadium isn't worth it for me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In the venue we're going to, the seats are pretty good and they're only $60 a pop. I wouldn't have done it had they been much more than that.

Turns out I'm probably seeing this after all. I'm going to see Maiden on their opening date on their tour (never been to a first show before), and the Rush movie airs the next day. My friend's family is going to be out of town, and he's already anticipating missing his three kids, so he wants to go to the movie to get out of the house.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
$60 for good seats?! Sigh...I hate living in Boston sometimes. Nothing's ever cheap.

Have a great time at Maiden. My first concert was during their Powerslave tour. Awesome show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. It'll be my first time seeing both them and Rush, though I did get to hit up the Priest last year! Maiden and Rush are at the same venue, and it's more a pavillion than a stadium. There is assigned seating under the cover, and a lawn for everyone else. I think we're towards the back of the assigned seating, which may not be what you are talking about when you say good seats, but it's about the exact spot we saw Steely Dan and it was fine. Buying the tickets is all up to my friend, so I just have to assume he's doing a good job at that. He also wants to see Rog performing The Wall, but those tickets *are* $200!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Moving Pictures is GREAT. . .but it's no Permanent Waves. :P (EDIT: Dang, I can't believe I wrote "Power Windows." Stupid abbreviations. . .)

I hope this film is as good as Flight 666. Too bad the disc doesn't appear to include extra concert footage like Maiden's did.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from the movie, which I greatly enjoyed. There were some pretty funny parts that had the audience rolling. I have to say, seeing this in a theater filled with Rush fans made for a much better experience than any home theater could create. I'm glad I didn't just wait for the BR. The woman who discovered the band in Cleveland is living in Boston so she was at the showing and talked a little bit about the early days. It was pretty amazing to hear how close they were to not being picked up by a record company.

Anyway, great documentary about a great band. Has me rethinking my decision to not spend the money to see them in September.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yep, it was a . . . rush. First time at Studio Movie Grill, too, so I was eating pizza and watching the show (really, finished before it started). It's going to be on VH1C in about ten days, but it can't compare to seeing it with a crowd of people responding to what's onscreen. Billed as "one night only," it is being brought back one more time next week at the SMG in Dallas.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Stupid Amazon shipped my copy yesterday, and today they offered it to me at a discount in my personal Gold Box! Friggin' teasers. . .

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I had it on pre-order, and they did email telling me that the price dropped buy a few bucks on release day, and letting me know I would get a credit.

Now if I could just get the USPS to deliver the damn thing sometime before 2112.

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
No, BR.

I pre-ordered it pretty early when it was $18.99. For some reason, I am unable to paste the email into the body of this reply, but anyway, I ordered as soon as I saw it on Amazon which was some time ago.

The good news is that today must be 7/2/2112 because it arrived today. Hopefully I will be able to watch it this evening.

Brian

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Jim_C

$60 for good seats?! Sigh...I hate living in Boston sometimes. Nothing's ever cheap.

Have a great time at Maiden. My first concert was during their Powerslave tour. Awesome show.

That's fairly cheap. I forgot what the tickets were when I saw them in April of 08, I'm think about $75. I got mine for this tour when they come here (which is ironically the last stop on the tour in October) right after the box office opened and I paid $49. My friend got his during the presale and paid $75 and was pissed when he found out how cheap I got mine for and found mine are about the same row just ours are in different sections. At least he has a chance to be entered in the contest to meet the band whereas I'm not. But like my mom said, the person that'll meet the band is gonna be the one that spent over $300 on the VIP package!

Now Maiden, I would have loved to have seen them, but tickets were $100 and they sold out fast! I've only seen them once (August 1988, at the long demolished Hollywood Sportatorium) and tickets were $15 back then! Man how tickets have gone up!

Back to the thread, has anyone been able to find this in any store? My birthday just passed and I told my girlfriend what she could get me, but she hasn't been able to find this anywhere. No WalMart has it, and Best Buy only has it on BluRay.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm probably wrong about the cost of the tickets anyway. My friend bought them and I haven't seen them or paid for them yet, but the Maiden tix turned out to be $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks