Rush[1991] on Dvd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Friedrich, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

Any word on this realistic & intense crime drama w/ Jennifer Jason Leigh, James Patric, Sam Elliot, Max Perlich, and Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers coming to Dvd anytime soon ?
    When I bought this on LD some years ago I was told that it was a non Letterbox title. Formats were listed on the LD jackets as either letterbox/widescreen or nothing at all if it was a fullscreen version and Rush fell on the latter, back then LD's did not list anything if it was a full frame non letterbox version.
    Well to my pleasant suprise Rush turned out to be a 1.85:1 widescreen presentation and a quite nice transfer at that, however there was no mention of this anywhere on the entire cover, a very strange rarity ?
    Though I cannot understand why MGM Home Video has not released this excellent title on to Dvd as of yet ?
    bodym[​IMG]v'n

2. Juan C Toro

Juan C Toro Stunt Coordinator

I also LOVE this underrated movie. It would be a must purchase for me, specially if they make a special edition... the movie deserves it.

In a related note, I have the soundtrack (Eric Clapton) and it is the best love making music ... After a date, if the girl "comes up for coffee", play the soundtrack and press the "repeat" button.... nobody can resist it....

3. adrian b

adrian b Stunt Coordinator

according to the digital bits this is due to be released in December by MGM along with another title I've been awaiting ... Miami Blues :wink:

4. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

This was posted on DVD File's website:

5. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Rush & Miami Blues, 2 films starring my favorite actress, Jennifer Jason Leigh! Thanks MGM!