What's new

Running Two Subwoofers, Can I Do It? (1 Viewer)

JohnClayton

Auditioning
On my receiver I have a SUB-OUT, single RCA output. I am currently running this to a subwoofer, internally crossedover from the receiver.

My question is, can I run a 'Y' adapter out of the SUBOUT, and run two separate lines to two separate powered subwoofers.

Will this work, and will it affect the quality of the signal?

Any advice is appreciated greatly!

J

JohnClayton

Auditioning
Does doing this, "steal" signal from what the main subwoofer was getting to begin with?

Would running a 'Y' at the main subwoofer, since it has two RCA subwoofer inputs be good, then have one line running to that, from a 'Y' out of the subwoofer OUT. I hope that makes sense.

Then one other line running to the smaller sub I am adding, to its only one rca subwoofer input?

I guess I'm just concerned as to whether I will be losing signal to my main sub by doing this, and in turn will be reflected in the sound it was producing.

Thanks,
JC

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
Im pretty sure y adapters are wired in parallel. If its in parallel then both will get the same voltage. Voltage doesnt change between things in parallel. But they both will have different currents. In series voltage is different current is the same. Im pretty sure that the y adapter is parallel so both subs will be seeing the same voltage from the receiver so it is perfectly fine.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any sound-related problem you have will come from combining a large and a small sub, but that’s a discussion for another thread.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnClayton

Auditioning
It seems to sound very good with the 8" in combination with the 10".

But my ears are rookies ears, it does fill in some bass it seems like, and what is really nice is that they are on each side of the entertainment center, so the bass seems fuller, and not coming from only the right anymore.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks